Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would Amendment 2 ban human cloning?
Yes 6 75.00%
No 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : SEPT ***

[ QUOTE ]
Time to trade for Reggie Bush after week is over. Who else? Maybe Brees... hmm. Got to get value from retards when bad weeks happen, especially week one. Lots of suckers want to dump players for bad week. Happens every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm good idea. I have Brees, not letting go of him. But I do like catching rising stars off the wire early. I got MJD and Colston when they came hot off the presses. Rest of my team sucked, but it helped a little.

Couple quick questions. CBS standard leagues. In one league, I have Michael Turner as a backup RB without LT. Thinking of dropping him or my backup TE Scheffler (Gates is my starter) for Chris Brown or Derrick Ward....Ward wouldn't help much because I have C. Benson and S. Jackson as my starters, and they all have week 9 byes. I could keep Ward and if he does well, trade him later. Thoughts?

In another league, I have M. Muhammad as a backup WR and McMichael as a backup TE. Starting WR's are Fitzgerald, Coles, and V. Jackson...starting TE is Gates. I'm thinking of picking up another WR....Welker, Stokley, Drew Carter, and a couple others are available. If I pick up another WR, who should I get, and who should I drop? I woudn't mind dropping my 2nd TE, since I'd only start him on Gates's bye week. Thanks everyone.

ScottieK
Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : SEPT

[ QUOTE ]
What is LT worth trade wise

Say u could trade him for Travis Henry and X what else would X need to be(i.e. a #1 WR and a #3WR, a #1 WR and a #2 or #3 RB) etc ettc

[/ QUOTE ]

Lt + Crap = Henry + elite reciever

imo, you could argue that both sides are getting the better end of the deal depends on team structure.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Time to trade for Larry Johnson after week is over. Who else? Maybe Brees... hmm. Got to get value from retards when bad weeks happen, especially week one. Lots of suckers want to dump players for bad week. Happens every year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Should I trade Santonio Holmes for Willis McGahee? It's a PPR league. Holmes had 13.5 points, McGahee 14.1.

We start 2 RBs and 3 WRs and a flex (WR/RB). Right now my starters are Rudi Johnson, Reggie Bush, Javon Walker, Larry Fitzgerald and Lee Evans w/ Holmes as my flex. The only other RBs on my roster are Jamal Lewis and Rueben Droughns and my bench WRs are Vincent Jackson, Mike Furrey and Jerry Porter.

If I acquire McGahee I won't have to play Lewis when Bush and Johnson have a bye, and that could be big.

Thanks much.

TIA.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 AM

I'm trying to trade derrick ward to a jacobs owner with very thin RBs (past LT ldo). I had someone suggest the following trade: my gore, ward and s. smith for his LT and torry holt. That seem ok? I really have no idea, and I have a feeling most LT owners aren't giving him up for less than the world. Here's the two teams - we start 2 RB and 3 WR:

his team:

qb: cutler, campbell
rb: LT, jacobs, turner, sammy morris
WR: holt, branch, furrey, mcdonald, patten, williamson
TE: mcmichael

my team:

qb: kitna, mcnair
rb: gore, lynch, norwood, j. jones, white, c. brown, ward
wr: s. smith, m. clayton, chambers, crayton
te: clark
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 AM

I'd be aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll over this
Old 09-11-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I trade Santonio Holmes for Willis McGahee?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 09-11-2007, 01:26 AM

I traded Romo for Vince Young on Friday but got to start Romo this week in one league. After seeing Young throw to reciever feet every passing play and Romo tear it up against unbelievably bad Giants defense I want to puke to a degree. Think there is a decent chance Young can score more points from here to end but I could have gotten so much value after Romo did that in primetime, lol. Also have Owens + Crayton there so I didn't want all three.

Sell Romo though. He's at absolute peak now. Would not be surprised if could grab one or two studs for him, esp a Cowboy fan. Do it before he has one of those 3 INT games and falls apart.

EDIT: Chris Brown is worth holding on to if you got him. Start him until he gets injured too unless you have two legit superstars. I said before season to watch out for the Titans running attack, that someone would emerge as an absolute stud but had no clue which one would do it. That said I would also grab LenDale White because no chance Brown plays every game.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I trade Santonio Holmes for Willis McGahee?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so you're saying I should pull the trigger? jk

I was not particularly inspired by McGahee's performance tonight--especially considering it was against the lowly Bengals defense. And how serious is Jonathan Ogden's injury?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Something wrong with his toe. Obviously nothing season ending, but it does look it could nag him for weeks to come, so he may miss a game, or just miss some time like he did today