Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Beat: PLO Donk Fest

So its Saturday night, and im sitting around with about $100 looking to play poker when my brother calls me up and tells me hes gonna have a $20 plo tournament.

Its a mixed field we start with 9 people and 20,000 in chips 100-200 blinds 10 min blinds.

after about 2 hours its heads up between me and the villain, villain is horrible at Omaha his only move is pot or fold (heads-up or otherwise) he relies on getting looking or pushing people out although to be honest he isnt always full of [censored] i mean play every other hand and your bound to flop a set every now and then.

Anyways hes got the chip lead about 80% of the chips, i get Qh-10h-6s-9h and pot it, he calls

flop is 6c-3c-6h, i bet pot and he immediately intterupts me and says POT, i say repot and hes like whats the bet and i said its a pot and 2 repots to you and he just starts bitching about how i checked and didnt say pot, unfortunately some Dbag beside my agree'd with him and that ended the argument, he decided to put me in regardless and i called. He showed his 4s-5s-10c-jh, and turned his 2 of spades giving him a straight to the 6, i missed my boat outs and he won, and after wards all he did was attempt to explain to me why he made that play... its just ridiculous to here someone explain to you why they made a bad play makes me want to end them.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Beat: PLO Donk Fest

Where is the rest? You seemed to have missed out the good bit(s).
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Sorry was in the middle of a lecture, i dont recall much i try to block it out whenever we play 9 handed PLO all i see is call call call call call call call raise fold call call call call call call call call /rant.

So anyways i have 2 questions how do you guys handle someone who is like the villain, whenever he lose (99%) all he does is put people down which hurts the game, and bitch about how so and so made a horrible call, but then turns around and pulls the same bs and wins and trys to justify his bad play with a 20 minute discussion that no one wants to hear.

And two: i figured the odds around 76.6 to 24.4 I was curious, theres a 4.5 change he will be drawing dead on the turn to get a solid number of how often hes gonna lose along with drawing dead would you make it (76.6/24.4) + (76.6+4.5/24.4-4.5) / 2?

So it would be 78.85/21.15? or is that just the wrong way of thinking about?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM

get some balls and tell him he sucks, and should stfu, etc.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:13 PM

LOL at 20k in chips with 100-200 starting blinds
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM

I must suck at Omahahaha too. All I do it pot or fold too.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must suck at Omahahaha too. All I do it pot or fold too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great strategy >_> like i said, gotta suck out or have the other person fold +Ev for sure...

20k 100-200 = 100 bets its meant to be a fast tournament.