Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What WR's do I play(3)
Ro. Williams @ MIn 12 25.00%
E. Kennison @ Ari 5 10.42%
H. Ward @ SD 7 14.58%
A. Bryant Vs Oak 10 20.83%
R. Brown Vs Dal 3 6.25%
Re. Williams Vs NYJ 10 20.83%
M. Furrey @ Min 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: last weeks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
note that it should be SEK. 1$= 6.84SEK

[/ QUOTE ]

does my WTSD and W$ATSD suck?

Edit: should add that its 5-max stats...

[/ QUOTE ]

also I don't get why my AF is climbing above 2, since I often think I take a passive approach postflop. Any street my AF seems wierd?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 PM

this weekend ran 38/35 for 1.5K hands WTSD and W$@SD. Needless to say that my big september profit as been reduced to a miniscule sept profit.

despite that still winning 1BB/100 so when variance evens out I might have another decent winning month. Here's to losing with AA in every pot I've play with them that got over 4BB this weekend!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
note that it should be SEK. 1$= 6.84SEK

[/ QUOTE ]

does my WTSD and W$ATSD suck?

Edit: should add that its 5-max stats...

[/ QUOTE ]

also I don't get why my AF is climbing above 2, since I often think I take a passive approach postflop. Any street my AF seems wierd?

[/ QUOTE ]

postflop AF is not only a function of how you play, but how good/bad your opponents are. you'd probably have to ask someone here that also plays at the site you play 5-max on.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how often are you playing this game?? I used to be a regular, not so much any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just this past weekend and one weekend in August. My favorite regular is Ben L. with the "cry later" tattoo on his arm.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how often are you playing this game?? I used to be a regular, not so much any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just this past weekend and one weekend in August. My favorite regular is Ben L. with the "cry later" tattoo on his arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

scary is this a tough game? I've been in Boston for about a year and I've though about going down there quite a bit, but never made it. What are the softest mid-low stakes games at Foxwoods?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scary is this a tough game?

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 09-10-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its extraordinarily tough. Steer clear plz.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM

First 100 hands of the day I get AA and QQ 2x each, make 3 sets, and go 0/4. I love Mondays.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] cut me some slack guys. I know it isn't a really tough game, but I was wondering if it was as bad as the typical donkfests you see in live games from 2/4-5/10. Didn't know whether it played nitty and bad, or just typical loose passive bad with the occasional spewer.

and I know this is NC/LC, but if you guys feel like giving a little more info I would be grateful. Also anyone know of any good places to play in the city? I've asked this question before other places and usuallly don't get much info.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM

dunno why i'm doing this. i have to get it out, though.

i am a horrible person. i got with this girl in june - i met her in february. i got with her because she was pressuring me a bit, saying it was too hard on her to just be with me but not be official (standard situation). so i kind of just obliged. i really can say i did not deeply care about her at this point. i knew that i would likely be unfaithful to her.

this mentality never really went away, even as i started to like the girl more and more. one reason it never went away is she is an alcoholic. when she drinks, she drinks hard and will really never stop. it sickens me to see her like this, and it helped me harbor a lingering hatred toward her. i've talked to her so many times about her drinking problem. it would get a little better for a week or so, and then it would reappear. i've had to carry her upstairs to her bedroom before, carry her in and out of taxis, etc. i've talked to her roommates/friends about it.

last wednesday, i planned on going out with my best friend. i call my girlfriend to see what she was doing, and she was out at a happy hour. she wanted me to go, but i told her i was going out with my friend. it is like a ticket to a fight for me to be 100% sober and go see her when she's already started drinking. so she gets mad that i'm not going, she tells her friend i don't want to see her, etc. i'm pretty much helpless, but i end up going out with my friend. i get a few drunk calls from her later that night, she tells me she never wants to see me or talk to me again. a day goes by and she calls on friday, and i hear the standard apology. that night we go to her friend's place. we stop and get a 20 pack of beer. we get to the place (she drives), and everyone is having a good time. i take a shot of tequila, she turns one down because she has to drive. well it only takes an hour or so before she has had way too much to drive. she wants to stay at this place, but i say i'll pay for a cab ($30 fare or so). she gets her friend to offer us a ride, but there is some drama and it is taking a long time for her friend. all the while, she's sitting at a table drinking more beer. she's pretty hammered, and she reaches for a shot of tequila and takes that, too. she's like 5'-2" maybe 120 and probably had 8 beers and a couple shots that night. she can't even stand up without stumbling around in a 3 foot radius. we finally get a ride home, and she passes out a minute after we get in the car.

the next night, saturday night, i go out with a couple friends and we meet two other friends (two girls). both the girls went to my high school and there's always been some weird flirtation between me and one of these girls. i get pretty drunk that night and end up getting with this girl. i wake up in the morning after the two girls left my apartment, and wow i feel like trash. i don't plan on telling my girlfriend.

that day my friend and i have a bbq to go to during the day. my girlfriend has a going away party for one of her coworkers. i go to the bbq, have some beers from like 3-7:30pm, come home drunk and tired, and go to bed. well, she calls about 9:30pm and i ignore it. she calls two more times, and i finally answer. she's obviously drunk at this party. i hear her asking for a drink, and the bartender is refusing. she keeps repeating herself and everything. i'm disgusted with her, disgusted with myself for last night, and i tell her to stop drinking. she says she can't any more anyway. then i get another call from her a little later, and everyone at that going away party is going to another bar. she tells me she wants to go home. it's like 11:45pm or so. i tell her distinctly to stop drinking and that i'll be there at 12:30 (fwiw i'm not inebriated but i should not be driving as i already have a dui and can not drive with any bac 0.01 or higher - probably around 0.03/0.04 at the time). anyway, i take a shower, brush my teeth, and head to the bar. 5 minutes away i call her, and i can tell she had at least another drink here. i tell her i'm outside waiting, and it takes her about 10 minutes to close her tab and get out there. she looks pretty bad... not awful but she'd obviously had too much to drink.

i start driving to her place, and i am just going nuts about everything. right before we get to her place she tells me to take her to get cigarettes. as i'm waiting for her at 711, i decide i need to break up with her. partly because her drinking is a big problem, but also because i have lied to her so hard about being faithful and everything. i really feel like a selfish piece of shit for doing it, because it hurt her so much, and obviously i was blaming everything on her drinking, when in reality it had a lot to do with my awful outlook/mentality with respect to our relationship.

we sit in the car, talking. she has sobered up quite a bit (physically she does this much faster than you would expect). she says a few things that just crush me. she says, "you're the first person i've felt, and i'm so sorry i treated you like this." i didn't mistype, and she didn't misspeak. when i first heard her say it, i thought she meant to say, "you're the first person i've felt this about..." or something. but she explained that 3 years ago she had a breakdown. everything was going wrong, she was drinking a ton, her stepdad tried to block her off from her mom, etc. she moved in with a friend's parents for a month and then into another friend's mom for five more. she said she felt numb. she was telling me that i was the first person she'd felt after this phase of numbness. she also says that she feels so sad inside that she wants the numb feeling to return. the whole time i'm just thinking of how terrible i am that i put the blame solely on her for something i've done. she says, "please, just tell me you slept with someone else so i can forget you." i am just crushed.

my relationship with her was unknown to everyone but my best friend and roommate (the friend i've mentioned the whole time). my parents don't know, my other friends don't know. i couldn't go on like that, so i ended it with her. i hope so much that she can help herself with her alcohol problem. as crazy as it seems, i can see myself with this girl if she can fix that. i have decided that if i ever get back with her, i'm not going to keep it a secret from anyone, and i'm not going to be a selfish, despicable, cheating [censored]. i thought i could do it, but it feels terrible.

cliffnotes: i lie and cheat on girlfriend. blame her for everything. i am heartless and deserve excruciating pain.
Closed Thread