Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: K´s are raised on flop

get it in on safe turn
Old 09-01-2007, 05:24 AM

I would say do the opposite of what anyone saying "this is the worst thread ever blablabla barkbark....." would suggest doing. How can someone automatically suggest that a marginal play is the most appropriate, I imagine its because they are fine with just being marginal winners. That being said, I think our best plan is to get it in with better equity on the turn, lead any non heart non A non T turn.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the worst thread I have seen in a while? How can anyone say anything else than shove?
HE HAS 80BB WE HAVE KK, HOW IN THE WORLD DO WE CALL THIS OOP ?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I will start minraising with 72o if you guys think about folding.. Why the hell can't he minraise Toppair, a flushdraw or whatever, OP provided us with the SN of his opponent: AxelHerman .. HE IS SUPER BAD AND RETARDED LOOSE..
That guy instacalls 4bet shoves with AQ and has no clue about poker.. The only reason to call OOP is to trap him if we can figure a range that we already have beat by a wide margin and if he is in a very bluffy mindset. By shoving we can represent many different holdings and he will pay off with a wide range.
Can someone close that thread?
Recallme what is your SN and how the hell can you win money on 10/20 ?

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe he justs plays solid and doesnt tilt
Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP provided us with the SN of his opponent: AxelHerman .. HE IS SUPER BAD AND RETARDED LOOSE..

[/ QUOTE ]

Weee, it's 6:30pm in Vegas and I'm buzzed of a great Cohiba and an even better Glen Levit! Oh, right strategy...

FiSheYe, one major quibble that I have with posts like yours is this:
The whole point of this forum is to help us all expand our poker knowledgebase by trying to collectively figure out what's the best way of playing a given scenario in general, so when you say "Oh, I know this player, and he will usually do X with Y" that really doesn't help anybody, because recallme doesn't know this player and mostly when this situation will come up in the future for those reading this thread they won't know their opponent as well either, so to say "Oh, against this opponent do this.." simply serves no purpose, ducy? It irks me for the same reason when people ask who the Villain in the thread is, b/c who gives a [censored], we're talking general theory not a set of extremely specific circumstances.

Kirk
Old 09-02-2007, 02:22 AM

CALL FLOP AND GO FROM THERE PLAY SOME DAMN POKERZ
Old 09-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Hi, I’m new to 2+2, I play live mostly, £5($10)/£10($20)NLHE+ and have a quick question.

In this hand does hero not want to re-pop the flop because it allows his opponent to play perfect poker (as in easily fold a worse hand and easily get all his money in with a far better hand)?

If this is the case what difference is there between re-poping the flop and leading any turn, as I don’t think hero can make a bet on the turn that does not commit him to the hand, and a standard solid TAG will probably fold any worse hand than ours (except for QQ/JJ) to a lead on the turn?

If we are only leading a safe turn and c/f ing a scary turn (i.e. heart, A, or 10), is our play not stupidly weak as we easily could be folding the best hand a lot of the time?

To me this feels more like a set than a fd, because in my eyes the majority of players would try to get more money in with a fd when their equity is decent.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP provided us with the SN of his opponent: AxelHerman .. HE IS SUPER BAD AND RETARDED LOOSE..

[/ QUOTE ]

Weee, it's 6:30pm in Vegas and I'm buzzed of a great Cohiba and an even better Glen Levit! Oh, right strategy...

FiSheYe, one major quibble that I have with posts like yours is this:
The whole point of this forum is to help us all expand our poker knowledgebase by trying to collectively figure out what's the best way of playing a given scenario in general, so when you say "Oh, I know this player, and he will usually do X with Y" that really doesn't help anybody, because recallme doesn't know this player and mostly when this situation will come up in the future for those reading this thread they won't know their opponent as well either, so to say "Oh, against this opponent do this.." simply serves no purpose, ducy? It irks me for the same reason when people ask who the Villain in the thread is, b/c who gives a [censored], we're talking general theory not a set of extremely specific circumstances.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kirk, I was honest in my responds.
a) he provided reads which are way off
b) his opponent has 80bb, its a drawheavy board and he is OOP.

Ok you wanted not to put any reads into this, so neither his nor mine are useable.
Now look at the scenario, 80bb deep against someone you don't know who minraises you. You can cleary not fold, so you're options are to raise/shove or call. Given that our hand is vulnerable to many turncards and the fact that we are OOP I do like reraising/shoving the most. Especially against an unknown opponent who might overvalue AT or play for stacks with a flushdraw.
So while I actually contributed something to the thread and tried to analyse the scenario, even tho I don't think there is much to talk about, what exactly did you contribute?
Cheers and get sober [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

*no intention to offend but just curious because most of my postings are quite in depth.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM

shoving flop is awful in that JJ and worse folds (assuming). I feel like the only play is to call flop...I've done the over shove 3bet thing and get shown better 98% of the time(if called). Personally i'm not used to leading blank turns...almost always check. I feel like checking all turns gives opportunity for villain to continue bluff/semibluff/bet weaker hands. To be honest I'd check raise almost all turn cards 9 or less including heart, b/c you got Kh and villain is 80bb deep.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 AM

Shoving is bad. Reraising is good.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 AM

Villain must have you on Big Slick to make this raise. I re-raise here to test his courage. I do not mind a call then fire on the turn, but if an Ace/King comes it will either kill any action (from perception of villian) or you are beat with the Ace. You have to raise/push here.