Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 PM

Default NL10: QQ Early Position

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

<u>SB: $6.35</u>
<u>BB: $7.30</u>
UTG: $10.65
UTG+1: $11.45
MP1: $6.85
Hero (MP2): $13.85
MP3: $10.50
CO: $4.45
BTN: $8.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30, UTG folds

Original limper was a tight player that usually limped to see the flops. CO was a very loose player and the BTN seemed just as loose, both seem somewhat aggressive.

Flop: ($1.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.20</font>, Hero folds, SB calls $0.80

Should this be a fold?

<font color="white">CO had 8c9c (a straight, Five to Nine) and WON (+$3.30)
BTN had KcKc and LOST (-$3.10)</font>
Old 09-10-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: NL10: QQ Early Position

I think you mean CO - SB, and BTN = BB.

I don't think you should fold QQ right now. Not on this level especially you read both as loose-aggro. I would call the Flop to see what happen on Turn. SB calling concerns me more than BB's raising...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you mean CO - SB, and BTN = BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops... yes sorry...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:01 AM

yes, but I don't like to see a raise &amp; re-raise on a paired flop that could have connected with either.

The odds that they are both bluffing shouldn't be that great and I can assume they both consider me as tight. (I was yet to act on the flop)
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 AM

There's a good chance you're ahead here, and if so you're likely way ahead. You may have to put a lot more money in to get to showdown though, most likely one of their stacks.

The original bet amount is silly, but that's standard for this level, so doesn't help a lot with reads. Are they both aggressive post-flop? What are their AF's? Have you seen them raise the flop or call a raise before, and what was the result? Do you feel the raiser has a 7 here 50% of the time? 25%? 75%?

How do you feel about variance? If you're comfortable with it, and think that the raiser or caller has trips 50% of the time or less, I'd call, and use the turn to refine that your estimate. A small bet might make it less likely, a pot bet more likely, an overbet less likely (though this is marginal - one approach for trips here is to represent the PP by overbetting, expecting a higher PP to call. I just wouldn't expect that from a player at this level). You're not calling because they might be bluffing (though that's what you'd do if they were), but because a large part of their range is a lower PP or a T.

If you're not comfortable with variance, fold, and relax knowing that there will be a million more situations that aren't as difficult where you will know exactly where you are, and they're still desperate to give you their chips.

FWIW, you will encounter this sort of difficult decision much more at higher limits, and it's good to get used to playing them if you want to move up, because how you respond to them will become a larger and larger part of your win rate.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 AM

That's the thing, though they were loose and somewhat aggressive, both have pretty much won all of their pots in which they re-raised into...

Which is really why I thought I was beaten by the BB, and had to fold.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 AM

I'd shove here. I am definitly nevr folding this anyway. You'll see 9x here alot, and a pair of T's or possible 8's.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Anyways, here's how it ended at the showdown...

Flop: ($1.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB bets $0.40, BB raises to $1.20, Hero folds, SB calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

River: ($4.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00

Pot Size: $6.70 ($0.30 Rake)

SB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight, Five to Nine) and WON (+$3.30)
BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and LOST (-$3.10)

Maybe this was just a lucky fold, but looking back in my history, I've noticed that the BB, though was playing loose, rarely re-raised and the times he did, the showdowns proved he always re-raised with good value.

I just thought it was still funny how the hand turned out and was worth posting...
(BB's turn bet was too low imo, justifying SB's call to draw with his 10 outs)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:39 AM

I would make a note of BB doesn't 3-bet PF in multi-way.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would make a note of BB doesn't know how to play big pocket pairs preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
DUCY?