Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: NL10: JJ in Middle Position

[ QUOTE ]
This is 10NL if he has Ad or Kd, he's going all the way 75%+ of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

all, the better in that case, since he isn't getting the pot odds to justify a call with a draw. In which case, I prefer he'd call more often than not.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 AM

I would have made a PSB on the flop and folded to a reraise, i would put him on AJd, AQd or a set in this situation.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have made a PSB on the flop and folded to a reraise, i would put him on AJd, AQd or a set in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really had the nut flush, wouldn't it have been better not trying to scare me away from this hand? By re-raising me on the flop, I thought it was more likely he had either a flush draw or a smaller flush (KdQd), or could have had a set already, in either case, he would have been scared if another diamond had appeared on the turn. That's why I thought there was a good chance he could have been semi-bluffing with a flush draw...

Anyways, here's how it turned out...

BB had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (high card Ace) and LOST (-$8.45)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$7.70)

Maybe I was lucky here, but I really thought he could be semi-bluffing here. I've seen him raised aggressively before with nothing but a pocket pair of deuce afterall...

If he had the flush, I'm getting sacked, otherwise I want him to call if he's just drawing without a pocket pair.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM

I don't think you were lucky, the small bet on the turn screams that he has a draw and you got in ahead and held. NH