Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Overpair on the river... Bet for value?

This is likely J8 or a flush draw that ran into a straight, like 56dd or 68dd. Easy fold.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Yeah folded after timing out, obv it should be an easy laydown, but for some reason I didn't buy it... I turned in to an over suspicious donk for some almost fatal seconds... He told me afterwards that he had 56d, which make sense as some of you have pointed out...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 AM

I prefer check-calling river and its far from my style usually , but i think theres more value in it if he can bluff.And u put him on a flush draw...so...u know what to do.If hes a station or u have been over aggro then ok value bet it.

EDIT: the more i think about it , the more i having a problem putting him on a hand , and the majority of the hands he can have he played it BADDD.I think 87 or j8 of diamond is possible but im suprise he didnt check-raise with it.J7 is more likely.but all those hands even if he pair his sevens dont give u a freakin cent on the river and J8 is gonna put u to the decision which will be an easy one anyway if he check raise u.

A10 of clubs maybe.A random flush draw calling 6$ on the turn is suspect.

Yeah i vote for A10 of clubs ... and in this case u got to value bet , but i still prefer checkcalling.Strange logic i know.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:20 PM

I check overpairs in and out of position on the river on draw heavy flops. OOP it lets villian bluff a missed draw +EV. In position, villians most likely hand is a busted draw that can't call a bet. If we are wrong about villians holdings, checking behind keeps us from folding to a cr. Villian could start the hand w/a fd. He then backs into 2 pair.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM

Bet fold.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:22 PM

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt/fold to a raizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check overpairs in and out of position on the river on draw heavy flops. OOP it lets villian bluff a missed draw +EV. In position, villians most likely hand is a busted draw that can't call a bet. If we are wrong about villians holdings, checking behind keeps us from folding to a cr. Villian could start the hand w/a fd. He then backs into 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you despite of what everybody else has replied... I think there's a lot of arguments for checking behind... But it's a part of my game that really needs improvement and I'm trying and failing a bit with value bets on the river at the moment.. But I don't really think there was to much value in that bet...