Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Default New Jersey cops aggressive driving on the AC Expressway - what gives?

Three times in the past 3 months I have had a New Jersey cop tailgate the ever living hell out of me while on the AC Expressway. Two times the cop was following me so closely that I couldn't see the front grill of his car in my rear view mirror. Never did they turn on their blue cruising lights at any point, but all three times they rode right up my tail and started flashing their high beam headlights and what appears to be a little spotlight that is installed on the driver's side of the car. I'm no pokey driver, either. I've had more speeding tickets than I care to remember.

Last night, some cop did the same thing again; never mind the fact that I was zooming along at about 85mph and moving faster than most of the traffic. I pulled over to let him pass but then sped up and followed him for a few minutes. He never blue-lighted anybody; he instead repeated the tailgate-and-flash-high-beams routine on several more cars. What a jerk.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? It's ridiculously dangerous and risky. Me telling someone to stop driving so aggressively is like Roseanne Barr lecturing someone on diet and nutrition.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: New Jersey cops aggressive driving on the AC Expressway - what gives?

I haven't noticed this yet. I'm also what you would say is on the aggressive side, but I drive like a grandma when a cop is around, so I usually get over in the right lane when a cop starts to approach from behind.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: New Jersey cops aggressive driving on the AC Expressway - what giv

[ QUOTE ]
I usually get over in the right lane when a cop starts to approach from behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. The only problem is that on all 3 occasions the cop cars were the kind with the blue lights mounted on the dash, not on the roof, and I couldn't see that it was a cop until they were right up in my tail.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Were you riding in the left hand lane? It's for passing only, so unless it's very trafficy or you are at the portion where they say left lane for AC, you technically aren't supposed to be in it for a long period of time.

Occasionally they'll actually pull people over for this, so when they just flash you, they feel like they are giving you a break.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you riding in the left hand lane? It's for passing only, so unless it's very trafficy or you are at the portion where they say left lane for AC, you technically aren't supposed to be in it for a long period of time.

Occasionally they'll actually pull people over for this, so when they just flash you, they feel like they are giving you a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

It pisses me off so much when people do this. Whats so [censored] hard to understand about drive RIGHT pass LEFT? But New Jersey drivers are retarded. It doesn't matter if you're going 100mph, if there's nobody to the right MOVE THE [censored] OVER!

The expressway traffic is twice as bad and dangerous as it needs to be, just because small-dicked [censored] think it makes them more manly to drive in the left lane.

OP, I don't know if this applies to you or not. But if it does, please die in a fire.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Or they're being a d-bag.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 PM

PS: What does this have to do with B&M?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 PM

One time I was driving on the Garden State Parkway in the left lane and the cop was flashing his lights, so I pulled over to the left, but he just passed. I was only doing 70 at the time, so he must have been signaling me to not ride in the left lane. The problem is parts of the Garden State Parkway is only two lanes, and the right lane usually the people are going only 55-60, when the speed limit on parts of the GSP is 65.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS: What does this have to do with B&M?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is driving to Borgata and not FullTilt ?
Closed Thread