Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 12:29 AM

Default NL400 flop two pair and then seeing the worst effin turn card ever!!

Villain is 47/2 ....

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $645.90
BB: $400.00
UTG: $1,690.15
Hero (UTG+1): $400.00
MP1: $465.40
MP2: $447.60
CO: $648.10
BTN: $276.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $14.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($34) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $23.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $48.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $150.00</font>, CO calls $102.00

Turn: ($334) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero throws up.... and pounds head on the desk.

What to do guys!?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: NL400 flop two pair and then seeing the worst effin turn card ever!!

I like you're first 2 options, throw up and pound head. It's tough because he'll play any 2 cards running 47/2. But the mini raise could mean anything, AK, 99, flush draw, maybe even AQ. No idea what I'd do here. No good answer but I'd probably check here.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: NL400 flop two pair and then seeing the worst effin turn card ever

I c/f and probably c/f basically all rivers other than Q or K if turn checks through. This is assuming he doesn't bet something stupid like $40.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Wow, this sucks. Problem is that even a blocking bet would pretty much commit you to the pot here as you have only about 240 left here, right? Yet, a check wouldn't help you here because independant of villains action, you don't know how to continue on the river, he might even check a made flush behind here for deception. Furthermore, I doubt that you could push him off any reasonable (that means better than yours) holding here (like 99 or JT) by betting out and representing the flush yourself, your bet/reraise on the flop just didn't look like a draw.
So it seems you're in a some kind of loss loss situation here, all the available options like b/f, c/c (hoping for 4 outs if all are live), or c/f (would hate that against a 47/2 donkey) look bad here. Still I think puking and c/f makes most sense to me here..
Old 09-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Ack.

The problem is that this villain could easily have K9 or Q9.

The other problem is unlike most players who would 3 bet AA, KK, QQ, AK preflop you can't really discount those hands from his range because he is so passive.

IDK...tough spot. Either c/f or get all your chips in, don't bet/fold obv.

I don't think getting it in is that bad since this guy is a donk and donks always make some spazzy plays.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:54 PM

unless his postflop play is of a wildly different style than his pf play, I'd not be too thrilled about getting raised on this flop. turn card sucks more cuz it kills your action against the few hands that you beat (K9/Q9) than because it actually hits his range very much