Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 05:37 PM

Default AKo UTG 25NL

Hero is UTG with AKo and raises to $1. Villain in MP calls, two to the flop.

Flop: Ad Td 6h

Hero bets 2.25. Villain raises to 6.25. Hero ...

also, lets say turn is a blank. Do we lead?

If we check and villain bets 2/3 of pot, whats our turn action.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: AKo UTG 25NL

very very dependent on villain
Old 09-08-2007, 06:56 PM

lets say no real read on villain, except that he's not obviously a fish and bought in for a full stack,.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm calling the flop raise. He could have an ace with a paint kicker, or the flush draw at this point. He could have gotten trips, but I doubt he would've just called your raise preflop with a pocket pair. Without any good reads on his betting patterns though, I have no idea what the best course of action would be on the flop. So most likely, I would slow down.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:57 PM

If you call, the pot on the turn will be $14.85 and we'll have $17.75 behind. So you can't really bet or call a bet without commiting yourself.

Given that, I think I'd call the flop and c/f the turn, ugly as it is. It's your first hand at the table, someone's called your raise utg, and raised your psb on a basically quite dry flop. If they make a significant bet on a blank turn, you should probably give them credit.

I think it helps that most players at 25NL who make a resonable sized flop raise (i.e. they don't minraise it or something) are unlikely to be doing it with a worse ace.

I might be way off here though, so interested to hear what others think. Maybe calling the flop and committing yourself on a blank turn would be a viable option?
Old 09-09-2007, 05:11 PM

I'd stack off here. it depends on villian. Is he capable of raising a naked fd? Will he raise Aqo-Ajo here? Those answers are needed to know if raising/pushing is good.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM

My first few orbits at the table I might fold this right here on the flop or call flop and c/f turn and make a note. That might be a bad move and some might disagree but I like to have somewhat of a read one villain when I'm in this situation and basically playing for stacks.

If you don't know how aggressive this opponent is and what kind of hands he has played then you could be up against anything from A2, flush draw, to a set. With aggressive play like this at 25nl I like to give people credit for a hand.

If this opponent plays bad hands this way often, then you will probably find out that hes a donk by watching him play his next ten hands. In that case just be happy that hes at your table and find a hand quickly to go for stacks with him
Old 09-09-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd stack off here. it depends on villian. Is he capable of raising a naked fd? Will he raise Aqo-Ajo here? Those answers are needed to know if raising/pushing is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this. I wouldn't give someone at NL 25 credit until proven otherwise.