Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: 200NLCASH I flop a flush but the stacks are VERY deep

You, Teph and Stigen probably don't understand. I am not worried about losing to a bad beat. I have no problem getting my money in as a favorite even though it is a lot of money. That is why I don't like your line (someone might disagree). The problem is that AA with one club and top pair plus flush draw are certainly not in his range which makes me an underdog to win the pot. I would not fold just because I would be afraid to lose a big pot, but because I think I am behind.

Also, I heard somewhere and it is also logical, that when playing deepstacked ,you better have the nuts or close to it when the money goes in. And ten high flush is certainly not close to the nuts.

I am just trying to figure out if there is ANY way to get away from that hand.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:16 PM

This is a call. I think his most likely holding is a set, followed by AcAx. If he truly is a solid player, and you've been playing aggressively, this is a great flop for him to play back at you. Its super scary for almost any hand range. Besides, even if he does have AcXc, just spike the 9c on the river and send him into monkey tilt mode [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 12:21 PM

this is a tough situation.

after he raises to 105 I would either call or raise bigger. I dont like the minraise.

As an additional point, consider that your opponent may also lack experience in deepstack situations.

I think its a call but close. If he has the A or K hi flush there are two more streets and he has position - plenty of oppportunity to get the last 400. The fact he wants it in now leads me to think the semibluff or set is more likely.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM

of course, if he is thinking on the third level this 2nd level thinking is gonna get you SMOKED, lol.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:36 PM

Is there a chance youre playing underrolled? 3 BIs isnt really that much and speaking of " a lot of money " you definitely cant do when playing poker.

/wild speculative psychoanalysis
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 PM

I agree that 3 BIs isn't that much, but do you guys frequently play with that much on both sides of the table? Almost always if I am down 2 or 3 BIs I quit my opponent, and usually they quit me if I'm up.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:48 PM

Yeah I don't really get all the "OP is underrolled" and "3BI isn't deep at all I play 600BB deep all the time ldo" stuff in this thread. I've played almost 50k hands of HU in the past 6 weeks and I would guess that maybe 3-500 of them were played at 250BB+ deep.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:11 PM

I am not underolled and I am not afraid of losing money. I think villain is. A lot of villains come from calling stations to passive guys who only raise with the nuts when they play with 3BI on the table. This guy seems to be like that.This is why I KNOW he doesn't do this on a draw, and maybe does this with a set. I am an underdog to this range. In the actual hand, I called, but I thought a lot about this, and I didn't think because I would be afraid to lose money. (If he offered me a 3 to 2 chance for all the money, I would take it, if you know what I mean). Bankroll manegement and fear of losing money is not an issue.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:08 PM

what did he have?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM

Villain had J9s, just like I predicted. Not the nuts, but close to it. It is one of those hands where you know you are beat, but you pay off anyway. I thought a lot about this hand because if I want to be a great player, I have to avoid thinking with prejudices like "You can't fold a flopped flush no matter how deep it is and how obvius it is that villain has me beat". There is certainly a time where you should fold it and this might be one of those times.