Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Default NL 25: Top and Bottom Fold on Turn

Villain had only been at the table for 40 hands, but his stats were 18/9/infinity, so it's safe to say he's playing fit or fold poker. I hadn't seen a minraise from him yet, but I usually put people on a monster or a draw in this spot. I felt like after his turn play, he better defined his hand for me. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $31.05
Hero (BB): $28.20
UTG: $48.65
CO: $21.00
BTN: $21.20

Preflop: Hero is dealt (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.85) (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.85</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.70</font>, Hero calls $0.85

Turn: ($4.25) (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $19.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $16.25 returned to BTN

Pot Size: $10.25 ($0.50 Rake)
Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: NL 25: Top and Bottom Fold on Turn

its a fold imo.

however I would rather 3bet the flop or check the turn. What were you expecting from this guy when you led turn?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its a fold imo.

however I would rather 3bet the flop or check the turn. What were you expecting from this guy when you led turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
I donked the turn to protect my hand from draws. When he raises all in on the turn, I felt he better defined his hand as a strong made one or at the very least a big combo draw. I could be wrong though, that's why I posted. If you advocate checking the turn, are you calling a 2/3 to full psb? If you 3 bet flop, are you going to the felt if he four bets?
Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its a fold imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I donked the turn to protect my hand from draws. When he raises all in on the turn, I felt he better defined his hand as a strong made one or at the very least a big combo draw. I could be wrong though, that's why I posted. If you advocate checking the turn, are you calling a 2/3 to full psb? If you 3 bet flop, are you going to the felt if he four bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I dont want to play for stacks. I fold if he 4bets the flop.

Now on the turn...this guy has decided to be agressive with whatever he has which could be the nuts...or it could be a draw...not even a combo draw. If he raised you on the flop he is almost certainly going to raise you on the turn...here you allow him to use position to get you off your hand. In this hand...you shouldn't fight agression with agression.