Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Brag: Youngest player to cash in a WSOP event EVER.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From wikipedia: "Recent studies have indicated that as much as 64% of the adult US population is overweight, and this number is increasing"ing

I'm always suprised with all the mocking against gobbo in threads about him with this fact in mind, yo´re almost all fat, not that there is something wrong with that.

F the haters Gobbo, congrats

[/ QUOTE ]

while most of us are fat/overweight, we're not exactly approaching 400 pounds either.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure most of the people berating gobbo either smoke or drink, which just seems hypocritical that while each of those kills you, the only one of these that gets demonized is weight

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure alot of people berating him is overweight as well. Anyway, it's so obvious that it's pure envy behind the hating, if he wasn't as succesful as he is, all the idiots in this thread wouldn't spend time harrasing him.

It's a brag forum and the argument that he can't make a thread with a solid brag without getting attacked about his weight is horrible.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy's weight issue is a result of my having gestational diabetes while carrying him. Studies are proving that fetuses who are exposed to diabetic conditions in utero often develop adverse weight problems in later life. The blame rests on ME and my family 's genetics. For everyone who thinks it's "helpful" to point out another person's shortcomings, I hope your perfection sustains you happily in your lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a load of BS. Now I understand why this is such a struggle. Yes, gestational diabetes predisposes a child to certain conditions such as developing diabetes themself. You're using it as an excuse though. It's like someone saying they never went to college because they were raised in a family with a low socioeconomic status. Studies show that people in such situations are less likley to attend college. Sure, it may be a contributing factor but it's almost never the sole reason.

Quit trying to give your son a reason to be obese and quit acting like a victim. No one is implying that they're perfect. Some of us take responsibilty for the choices we make though. It's completely understandable that you feel the need to defend you son. Don't be an enabler though.

The percentage of people that can legitimately attribute their obesity to a medical condition is very, very small. Even then it's nearly always only a contributing factor and they could better control their weight if they just modified their behavior.

Yes, some people are blessed with better genetics than others. You do the best you can with what you were given though. So many people don't. If you want to eat junk and not exercise then that's your own perogative. Don't expect others to be sensitive to the fact that you're over weight though. If you don't respect yourself and your body I don't understand how you can expect others to.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 PM

"hay guys, I cashed in a 5K HORSE event/am the youngest person to do ever"

funny BBV response(s):
a)"fkn arab crook"
b)"it's just poo-flinging, who cares"
c)"you're no timex horse"

unfunny BBV response(s):
a)"lol fat"

accordingly, this thread is terrible
Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Congrats! Great job!!

And all you weight nazis should just stfu until gobbo starts a thread titled "pls help me with my weight problem"
Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM

I'm not suggesting that your points aren't valid, and if it appears I'm offering an excuse, then I suppose that's also debatable. Since I'm not a Dr., I've no idea the statistical predisposition involved. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject; it's always fun to read psychological analyses from complete strangers on an internet poker forum.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:27 PM

nh op
Old 09-09-2007, 03:28 PM

Lol @ ape. OP is 15, started playing online when he was 7 and has been playing professionally for about four years. Solid barg on the score.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOO ANDATHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"hay guys, I cashed in a 5K HORSE event/am the youngest person to do ever"

funny BBV response(s):
a)"fkn arab crook"
b)"it's just poo-flinging, who cares"
c)"you're no timex horse"

unfunny BBV response(s):
a)"lol fat"

accordingly, this thread is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, no [censored], can we have a Gobbo BBV thread without half a dozen retard lurkers jumping out to call him fat, as if they were the first people to ever notice
Old 09-09-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats it will last 2 days fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIP
<----