Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 01:50 PM

Default 50nl: Middle set vs agg opponent, 2 BI deep

Read on villain:
Played about 50 hands, and he was pretty loose, and often min-reraised preflop (more than openraising himself), also from the blinds.
If I was preflop raiser, he never folded the flop. He either played back at me (often min-raises) or just called the flop, and then if I didn't bet at the turn, he would bet (if in position).
About a handfull of times I had seen him make potsized riverbets, both on scary and non-scary river cards.
More than once I had folded on either turn or river to his somewhat big bets.

Texas Hold'em $0.50-$1 NL (real money), hand #P4-49498743-211
Table Kandahar, 9 Sep 2007 4:31 AM ET

Seat 1: BB ($41.85 in chips)
Seat 2: Villain ($90.40 in chips)
Seat 3: CO ($55.10 in chips)
Seat 7: Button ($22.60 in chips)
Seat 9: Hero [ 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] ($115.00 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Hero posts blind ($0.25), BB posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
Villain bets $2, CO calls $2, Button folds, Hero calls $1.75, BB folds.

FLOP [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] Pot $6,50
Hero bets $4.50, Villain calls $4.50, CO folds.

TURN [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] Pot $15.50
Hero bets $10, Villain calls $10.

RIVER [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] Pot $35,50
Hero bets $25, Villain bets $73.90 and is all-in, Hero calls $48.90.

I bet out on flop, hoping he has an overpair and will raise me. I have no doubt that he would call a larger bet, but I'm hoping for a raise.
Given how deep we are, and that I would love to get all in, is it better here to go for a checkraise, perhaps hoping he would put in a third bet with a big pair?

The turn I bet 2/3 pot, again hoping for a raise.

The river is safe, so want to make a valuebet. But how much? And when he pushes, I'm either beat by a better set og it's a bluff, I never expect him to raise here with just KK/AA. Fold or call the river push?

All comments welcome, regarding betsizes etc.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: 50nl: Middle set vs agg opponent, 2 BI deep

If the villain likes to bet when checked to, then maybe you should c/r either the flop or the turn to increase the amount of money in the pot? C/r on flop is totally almost transparent here, so maybe the turn c/r after he calls your lead is better .

But from your preflop reads villain seems strange to poor, so maybe he'll cooperate when you c/r flop and lead turn.