Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
Re an earlier post
Please do not even think about having the HUD as a seperate app.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which post and what are your reasons for this?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Maybe I make a mistake.
I thought one of you posted a while ago that the HUD would still be a seperate app. But I cannot find the post now.

[ QUOTE ]
what are your reasons for this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play a bit on Ladbrokes, which is a memory hog.
Sometimes when PA is updating a table while PT is importing, everything slows down for a few seconds.
From experience, it can be a little disconcerting when you flop top set and there is a bet and a raise into you and you are hoping to get back to the table in time to act [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
It's not a major issue, but it would be nice if the HUD didn't try to update tables during an import.
Presumably, if they were integrated, that would not happen?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Doing things during an import will no longer cause the lag it causes with the current version of PT. This will not be an issue.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 PM

I would like to be able to see how another PokerTracker/PAHud user sees me. In other words, a way to filter for hands I have played against another player. Even over several thousand hands this can vary considerably from my overall stats, because of how I was running and how well I was playing at the time. This would be extremely useful if it was also available in the Hud, since this is the data that the opponent is using to make decisions against me.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:48 PM

For tournaments, ability to export to Notes, hands opponent open raises with like can be done with autorate for ring games.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to be able to see how another PokerTracker/PAHud user sees me. In other words, a way to filter for hands I have played against another player. Even over several thousand hands this can vary considerably from my overall stats, because of how I was running and how well I was playing at the time. This would be extremely useful if it was also available in the Hud, since this is the data that the opponent is using to make decisions against me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't this have the potential to be very misleading? A lot of people datamine.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Couldn't this have the potential to be very misleading? A lot of people datamine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but it wouldn't be something I would rely on 100%.

Also, I usually play at a site that prohibits datamining, so I'm sure no one is doing it there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 10:26 AM

I've been following this thread since the beginning and don't think I've seen this suggestion. If so, please just add my vote for this feature:

For the HUD offer background transparency levels instead of just 0% or 100%.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM

PokerAce,

I hope you have your copy of Poker Academy Prospector and using it as a guideline of what you have to beat. It's graphic intensive for a reason. Its database is proprietary and works without any of the PT hassles of using SQL. It's functional and is a quantum better than Poker Tracker. While it still needs a lot more done to it, it it their first attempt and should be used as your base.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerAce,

I hope you have your copy of Poker Academy Prospector and using it as a guideline of what you have to beat. It's graphic intensive for a reason. Its database is proprietary and works without any of the PT hassles of using SQL. It's functional and is a quantum better than Poker Tracker. While it still needs a lot more done to it, it it their first attempt and should be used as your base.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are basing way too much judgment on prettiness and not effectiveness. Also, do you honestly believe that they've created a database that is better then some of the databases currently on the market? There is so much downside to this it really does not make any sense. Lets not mention the fact that they openly support Bots. Anyways...I'd rather not discuss them in this thread unless if you want to suggest a specific idea.

Best regards,

APerfect10