Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: 1k post thoughts from the cheap seats

Nice post.

Not to put you on the spot here but may I ask which 'established concepts' do you disagree with?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

Not to put you on the spot here but may I ask which 'established concepts' do you disagree with?

[/ QUOTE ]

read his posts ... you should be able to tell ... check his posts from last fall ... there are some great posts by solid posters
Old 09-08-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today I got a response from one guy who previously treated me like trash, I mean he was brutal every time I posted, I had no clue what he meant when he posted, I had no idea why people thought he was good, I had no idea why he wasn't banned from the boards.

Today he told me something that really triggered a ton for me explaining a concept I completely missed before.

Its interesting however that I think he tried to tell me that at least 10 times before.

So now I know why he is considered one of the good posters out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to thread? i'm painfully curious now. was it boz? that's my guess, followed by miles and eskimo.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 PM

Aaron?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Today I got a response from one guy who previously treated me like trash, I mean he was brutal every time I posted, I had no clue what he meant when he posted, I had no idea why people thought he was good, I had no idea why he wasn't banned from the boards.

Today he told me something that really triggered a ton for me explaining a concept I completely missed before.

Its interesting however that I think he tried to tell me that at least 10 times before.

So now I know why he is considered one of the good posters out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to thread? i'm painfully curious now. was it boz? that's my guess, followed by miles and eskimo.

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO

The guy is good, when he wants to be. Learning to learn is sometimes an acquired thing around here.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:54 PM

Lets see, I had a hard time with WA/WB. I think I finally understand it and recognize it now. (I would do it but not for the reasons the board had stated so that was one)

I had a hard time with check/call vs. bet/fold. Still struggling a bit with that but I use bet/fold now much more than before and understand why its a powerful tool.

Playing pocket pairs with two callers when there are overcards is one concept I still struggle with...don't have any examples recently but I still don't know why to do it.

Biggest issue I have however is on table reads, game theory and table control. A lot of the posters here believe that they are skillsets that are irrelevant at the micro levels and are just excuses for making moves that are not necessary and in fact bad poker.

I believe that it's important to develop, practice and use those techniques all the time and generally find myself in the largest arguments when it comes to these theories.

I believe each hand relates to the next and therefore wish we had more discussion on sessional play rather than hand play.

It makes sense to me why the board doesn't discuss these issues on a regular basis but I still like to bang the drums in that general direction.

Some great input was given on some of those posts where I went off on my tangents from great minds here on the boards: Mr. Wookie, Aaron, Miles, Aussie, btspider, str8fish and others who I apologize for not mentioning now.

Not too sure how much it helped others but that was the thing, I didn't care. I was grateful they were willing to smash and bash me and give me the crap I deserved and probably still deserve.

The thing is these great posters are still here and still are willing to help those who want it but in the last few weeks since coming back I haven't seen too many willing to take it.

Lurking only goes so far. Trust me on that. Go be an idiot.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 AM

Thanks for the extra comments.