Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Brag: Lloyd Carr hopefully fired

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for including in my original quote that I'm not a UM fan. I couldn't care less about the team, although it sounds like many of you need to seriously get a life. FWIW, I live in Vegas and took ducks +8, so boohoo, I'm embarrassed and "crying" all the way to the bank...

[/ QUOTE ]

No one was laughing at you for being a UM fan. We were laughing at you for thinking UM goes to the national title game ahead of a one-loss LSU or Florida or Oklahoma team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming they end season as a 1-loss team, which obv won't happen now. Sounds like the retards at ESPN have more brains than the lemmings posting in this thread...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for including in my original quote that I'm not a UM fan. I couldn't care less about the team, although it sounds like many of you need to seriously get a life. FWIW, I live in Vegas and took ducks +8, so boohoo, I'm embarrassed and "crying" all the way to the bank...

[/ QUOTE ]

No one was laughing at you for being a UM fan. We were laughing at you for thinking UM goes to the national title game ahead of a one-loss LSU or Florida or Oklahoma team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming they end season as a 1-loss team, which obv won't happen now. Sounds like the retards at ESPN have more brains than the lemmings posting in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, you're officially the stupidest [censored] alive.

1. their schedule is so weak
2. the big 10 is overrated
3. no team in history has gone from 0-1 unranked to the national title

edit: or 2nd in the country
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Retards at ESPN........the only thing you've said that makes sense.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1983 - Bernie Kosar & Miami Hurricanes, babydoll...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you called my bluff

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i concede this arguement
Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you called my bluff

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i concede this arguement

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami also lost to Florida on the road, number 7 in nation at the time...Not exactly a DIAA team...
Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 PM
 is offline

This is Lloyd Carr's last year anyway, so firing him doesn't seem to make sense. I thought Chad Henne returned specifically to play for Carr, but maybe I'm wrong. Michigan seems too traditional to do something so rash as to fire Lloyd Carr in-season. But if it were Notre Dame and Lloyd Carr were black, maybe things would be different. Plus, they still haven't lost a Big 10 game, as ridiculous as that may sound to some people. There must be SOME Michigan fans willing to post here...are they all gutless?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM

None, nobody wins when they are in the SEC.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There must be SOME Michigan fans willing to post here...are they all gutless?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be happy to weigh in. I have hated Lloyd Carr since he was defensive coordinator. The man is a terrible football coach and always has been. I was stunned when he got the head coaching job in the first place. Despite our embarrassing season, I can at least take pleasure that this man has been exposed as a fraud for the whole country to see.

For some amazing reason, many UM fans still defended him coming into the season. I have been in shouting battles with these people for years. Finally they admit the obvious now. I have no idea what took them so long to realize this man was totally in over his head. In the past 6 seasons, Lloyd Carr is 2-10 against OSU and in Bowl games. He would have been fired at every other major program except Michigan. We tolerate mediocrity like nobody else (see the basketball program).
Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Lloyd Carr's last year anyway, so firing him doesn't seem to make sense. I thought Chad Henne returned specifically to play for Carr, but maybe I'm wrong. Michigan seems too traditional to do something so rash as to fire Lloyd Carr in-season. But if it were Notre Dame and Lloyd Carr were black, maybe things would be different. Plus, they still haven't lost a Big 10 game, as ridiculous as that may sound to some people. There must be SOME Michigan fans willing to post here...are they all gutless?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea it was obviously because he was black, def the only reason, had nothing to do with how horrible the team was that season. Or that his last two seasons were 5-7 and 6-5. Or that he lost to USC by more than 30 each time he faced them. Oh and he wasn't fired midseason, he was fired after the final regular season game and before the bowl game, which is standard in college. But it was all obviously because he was black, no white coach has ever been fired under similar circumstances.