Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM

Default I hit TPMK, multiway pot and OOP

Villain is BUT. His 3rd hand at the table, never seen him before. The rest of the field are probably mediocore-to-normal players, mostly unknown. They might be somewhat passive perhaps...

Titan Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks,

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 3BB, 6 players )
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls,

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( 5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls,

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 7BB )
Hero checks...

What to do here? Top pair is not a bad hand but facing so many opponents I might easily be against a better Q. Being OOP I wanted to gain some information first. If there is a raise I would start thinking my hand is not good.
OK, so it gets checked around and Villain bets. I really liked it. Now I can c/r and knock a lot of players out (especially gutshot-drawers) and BUT could be easily betting just a middle pair when it was checked around to him. He just called my raise. Seems good so far.

Turn no questions. I bet for value and to prevent giving free cards.

River, well, feel free to criticize me. I should have bet. I don't really remember what exactly I was thinking. I probably wanted a busted draw to bluff on me and Villain could have had an ace (it's not tha uncommon that Villains call to the river hoping for that A to come). But of course both scenarios are not very likely, this was most probably some sort of a pair. So which option would be better here, b/f or b/c? Villain could be bluff raising with this A on board...

Anyway river is not the main question here, I am more interested in correct flop line. Easy bet into the field right away? And what if I get raised? Calldown mode?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: I hit TPMK, multiway pot and OOP

*GRUNCH*

I would have bet the river. I would assume that I'm ahead of the button here. HU against a guy who limped his way through the board from the late position, I could not see him having AA or KK. If he raises you on the river I would consider folding, a lot of people will limp with Ax hoping to hit a pair of aces.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM

I'd bet river. That board isn't very drawy and some straight draws caught a pair so I think you make more from crying calls than from bluffs.

EDIT: Everything else is fine unless the game is so passive you seriously fear a flop checkthrough. After you check and see it checked to button that was the most perfect sequence of events and you should definitely raise.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:02 PM

I agree with both of you. But what about flop, was it good or would you play it differently? Thanks.

EDIT: aha, I see you added something and answered my question.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Yeah, this isn't a bad spot for a "check-and-see." Bet the river.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 PM

what is BUT?

bet the river.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 AM

BUT = button

...or is there some other abbreviation more common? Perhaps BTN or BT?

Yes, river is a bet, I know. And what to do if an unknown raises me? Fold or call (he might be bluffing...) and make a note?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 PM

Turbomuck to a river raise against most players at these stakes. You beat a bluffraise and that's it.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 AM

Grunch.

I think I b/f here. The ace isn't as bad as it looks, as I doubt he was calling with a-high, so we're only really worried about A6/A5.

Cf'ing is also an option, and you can mostly espect to him check behind with a Q (probably better than yours), or some other crap. You save a bet against the better Q's, as well as any better hand he bets.