Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 02:53 PM

Default QQ Shorthanded

I did not play this hand. It was posted on Mid-High Short-handed, but I thought that some of you might be interested to see it.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
1 fold, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in white below:
Hero has Qc Qh (four of a kind, queens).
BB has 8h 8s (full house, eights full of queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB.

Hero said:

[ QUOTE ]
My play is questionable, but I had a read he was stong or completely bluffing for some reason. Prolly shoulda just 3bet the turn but... WOW this guy can see through my soul over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was amazed. If this hand had been posted here, I think it would have received a lot of criticism !

What do you think ? Apologies for posting a Quads hand, but new posters in particular, please feel free to respond.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: QQ Shorthanded

Preflop and flop are fine.
I may understand the argument that I don't 3 bet the turn in order to make him think that I don't have a Q.
River is awful because of the risk to give a free showdown.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:13 PM

ok wait a min... quad Q is the nutz on this board isnt it? what could possibaly come over the top of it? the strait flush draw went out the window on the turn, when you made 4 Q's. so why wouldnt you bet/raise every chance you can. whats the worst that could happen? if you 3 bet the turn i doubt he will fold because the pot size and if he has any hand at all, playing short handed, the villin has to think he is WA. i dont see any down side to getting as much money in the pot as possible because regardless of the river the Hero is going to win this hand.

am i wrong?
-Riley
Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Heroes line is fine, villan is much more likely to bluff busted draws and bet marginal stuff for value than to call A-high or whatever.

BB misplayed pre flop (easy reraise, blindsteal), flop and river IMO. Either that or he just misread his patternmapper.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:48 PM

I think the fact that the villain checked behind on the river with such a strong hand instead of betting which obv is what the hero wanted him to do is a really sick read.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:58 PM

lol at BB ...

what type of hands would he be raising with ...

i think you get more action from medium strength hands by just knocking off another bet on the turn ...

though waiting for the river to check raise isn't a bad alternative (I would do it too) ... but 3betting the turn would be more standard for me as in this spot my opponents should know I don't need a big hand to play back
Old 09-08-2007, 05:28 PM

Villain must have misclicked on the river, right? No way he checks that through deliberately.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:35 PM

In situations where villain is either bluffing or is pretty strong, I give action with a monster. Bluffing hands will give way, but a big hand will pay many times more than the one extra bet a river bluffer might make.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:13 PM

This is ridiculous. This can't be typical play at this level. One of these guys is playing with scare money right?

River play of hero is brutal.