Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Default A tough river spot in a re-raised pot

Villain is a 36/27/3 HU multi-tabler. We have a good deal of very recent history and I have tended to run well v him. He gets more agro when losing, with lots more 3 betting and calling 3 bets light. He tends to call too much and usually plays pretty straightforward but can make the occasional big bluff. Could well be 2+2.

This session I started off badly against him largely due to my own poor play and I have gotten out of line quite a bit, bluffing in bad spots and getting caught etc. This is the hand that got me into the match and has gotten him tilted as you will see that I got out of line again. Hate his call here as he sucks against my range.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $217.50
SB: $523.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $16.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60.00</font>, SB calls $44.00

Turn: ($132) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $151.50</font>, SB calls $151.50

River: ($435) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $435.00 ($0.50 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Nines) and LOST (-$217.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$217.00)

Now onto the hand in question

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $439.00
SB: $299.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, SB calls $14.00

Flop: ($40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $32.00</font>, SB calls $32.00

Turn: ($104) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($104) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $70.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $170.00</font>, Hero times down to a few seconds left and .......
Old 09-08-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: A tough river spot in a re-raised pot

everything missed, and he's tilting...so call I guess, but dont like it very much
Old 09-08-2007, 03:54 PM

I call.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:13 PM

river bet size makes this a fold
Old 09-08-2007, 04:16 PM

Wouldn't a tilting villain raise the flop or bet the turn w/ a draw?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a tilting villain raise the flop or bet the turn w/ a draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain has taken fairly passive lines with draws up to now. He tends to like to make his hands before investing a lot but can call light and has made, like I said the occasional out of line bluff.

In a hand similar to this one yesterday in the way we got to the turn I 3 bet AA in BB and he called and called my CB on a J 8 5 flop. When the turn came a king I went for a stack-a-donk and he showed up with K5o!

So he can have rags including a 4 or 5 or a draw. I would expect him to bet at least something if he had a bigger overpair. So missed draws that he decided to make a rare bluff-raise with or a boat.

I think this is very close and possibly may not even matter too much either way.