Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you wear or plan to wear a class ring?
yes 0 0%
no 21 100.00%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Grimm grimmed by FTP

[ QUOTE ]
How hard would it be for the site to set it up so that you had to play both blinds?
Seems a reasonable solution to such stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, that would work also. But if you don't want to force players to commit to playing an even number of hands, random assignment of the button is another way to go. Instead of the normal alternating of the blinds, each hand the button is placed randomly and when you agree to post the blinds, you don't know which blind you'll be playing. You could get unlucky and play more than your share of big blinds, or lucky and play more than your share of small blinds, but there would be no advantage to sitting out after getting the button since the button placement next hand is also random. I don't play heads-up cash games but if I did I would definitely propose this idea, there's an exploitable flaw in the game where its advantageous to sit out after getting the button, and random button placement fixes it.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, i get it now but whats grimstar's angle on that move? does he do it to piss people off? i cant see why he would do that as a money making play because he plays other matches as well.

idk, grimstar seems really weird. who is grimstar? ive read things about skinny and acne and something about a motel room. is this guy some young pathetic goon or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

youre like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, show me where my seat is then.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How hard would it be for the site to set it up so that you had to play both blinds?
Seems a reasonable solution to such stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, that would work also. But if you don't want to force players to commit to playing an even number of hands, random assignment of the button is another way to go. Instead of the normal alternating of the blinds, each hand the button is placed randomly and when you agree to post the blinds, you don't know which blind you'll be playing. You could get unlucky and play more than your share of big blinds, or lucky and play more than your share of small blinds, but there would be no advantage to sitting out after getting the button since the button placement next hand is also random. I don't play heads-up cash games but if I did I would definitely propose this idea, there's an exploitable flaw in the game where its advantageous to sit out after getting the button, and random button placement fixes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

having the button random for every hand would just be dumb, and having the button random for just the first hand would not work on grimstarr. he would just play for the button, and if he didnt get it, play 2 hands then sit out and try again. having them play at least 2 hands still doesnt work since if grim wins the first hand, he can just steal on the third hand, and if he loses, again just play 2 hands.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

having the button random for every hand would just be dumb

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be different and would take some getting used to. Why exactly would it be "dumb"?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:00 PM

giving the person who sits at the table first the button is an incentive for people to start new tables.

it makes sense for sites as it helps them get more games running.

somewhat of a nonfactor now that FTP is so big, but there's no real point in changing it.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:01 PM

one of the few things ongame got right with their sw is to have a hicard deal before a hu game starts to see who gets the button.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:13 PM

OMG This is so funny.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

having the button random for every hand would just be dumb, and having the button random for just the first hand would not work on grimstarr. he would just play for the button, and if he didnt get it, play 2 hands then sit out and try again. having them play at least 2 hands still doesnt work since if grim wins the first hand, he can just steal on the third hand, and if he loses, again just play 2 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
People like Grimm would still exploit this.
Random assignment of the button is not much of a solution.

good point that people like Grimm would just play 3 hands instead.

So I think the next obvious solution is that sites simply need to police this stuff much more vigililantly.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:52 PM

Grimstarr can you please comment.

Are you a on-line angle shooter?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:10 PM

This guy is supposed to be good at poker right? It doesn't seem like it's worth risking your account getting banned and your funds seized.