Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Asking Players Not To Sit With You NLTRN

Yea I've asked like 5-6 people not to sit with me, only 2 players still do from time to time, but they play like 3-4 tables at once and always say "oh sorry I wasn't paying attention." So it's not a big deal, but I could see how it would be kind of annoying if somebody constantly kept sitting with you on purpose. I don't see anybody in your games having enough of an edge to justify that, but I don't constantly rail your games so who knows.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:57 AM

If I thought I had an edge great enough to beat the fee, they could ask me all they wanted to stay away and I would still join. If you know this will upset them, perhaps you should turn off chat when you play with them.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:10 AM

I really think there should be a refuse button.

It makes no sense not to have one. Why should the person who sits first have to play anyone but the person who sits second have the luxury of selection. What this leads to is less games actually happening because people are not willing to sit down first. (Also, in live HU SnGs if they existed, you could choose whether you want to play the opponent or not)

Saying that bad players won't play good players if there was a refuse button is just silly. Have a look at the cash games.

Now, with the current situation i don't think it's fair to ask or expect other players to not play you if you ask em to. They're playing by the rules and the rules are clear. The problem is not the people, it's the sites. Very similar to issues like shortstacking & ratholing.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying that bad players won't play good players if there was a refuse button is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not silly. Why do you want that button anyway? -Because you don't want to play with players who are better than you. So if you're good, you will have less players willing to play against you.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I dumb?

Whenever anyone asks me not to sit v them in a heads up SNG, I respect that request and avoid playing them.

I have asked 4 players not to sit against me.. BBJ and Genius have acted classy and avoided me.. however, two players (I won't reveal their names) continue to sit against me and annoy the hell out of me.

I wish stars would have a refuse button whereby if you are sitting you can refuse to play an opponent.

Am I an idiot for not sitting against players who I have a clear edge against? Should I just ignore their requests and play away.

[/ QUOTE ]

OF COURSE you should play them!!

I know you are referring to me, this is SHAHIN86 on my friends acc, havent made an account here.

Poker is about making money. I want to play you day and night, 100 games per day. I really dont care if you dont want to play me, thousands of dollars is worth more than YOUR respect to me.

So stop stalling and using the timebank EVERYHAND we play until we reach 50 100 and play me like a man.

Never played such a chicken like you. Seat open.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:43 AM

I'm gonna have to get the fire extinguisher, your love is getting out of hand.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I dumb?

Whenever anyone asks me not to sit v them in a heads up SNG, I respect that request and avoid playing them.

I have asked 4 players not to sit against me.. BBJ and Genius have acted classy and avoided me.. however, two players (I won't reveal their names) continue to sit against me and annoy the hell out of me.

I wish stars would have a refuse button whereby if you are sitting you can refuse to play an opponent.

Am I an idiot for not sitting against players who I have a clear edge against? Should I just ignore their requests and play away.

[/ QUOTE ]

OF COURSE you should play them!!

I know you are referring to me, this is SHAHIN86 on my friends acc, havent made an account here.

Poker is about making money. I want to play you day and night, 100 games per day. I really dont care if you dont want to play me, thousands of dollars is worth more than YOUR respect to me.

So stop stalling and using the timebank EVERYHAND we play until we reach 50 100 and play me like a man.

Never played such a chicken like you. Seat open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, whether you continue sitting against me or not, I will never respect you. Anyone who trash talks their opponents, berates bad players and generally behaves like a rude, inconsiderate little punk will never win my respect.

If you insist on sitting against me I will continue to play the strategy which maximises my EV.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you insist on sitting against me I will continue to play the strategy which maximises my EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be a thread about that instead, if it should be allowed. Its funny though you realize you are such a fish that you have to stall every hand and get up to 50 100 to have a chance beating me. Playing poker instead isnt fun huh? Lottery ftw.

I have mailed the stars support and they claimed they will take some kind of action against this as this is not what the time bank is intended for. Finally, play like a man.

//

Shahin86
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who trash talks their opponents, berates bad players and generally behaves like a rude, inconsiderate little punk will never win my respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of off topic but I really can't stand seeing a good player tearing in to a fish, either when the fish does something dumb and loses or does something dumb and sucks out. It's not only a nasty thing to do, it discourages the fish from playing, or maybe makes him try to improve. So it's stupid for all of our bottom lines, and more importantly, it's rotten to do something that only accomplishes making someone feel bad.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Well, your attitude withstanding, I 100% agree with you Othello.

Nothing frustrates me more than having to wait for the players to make a decision when they are playing me. I have analyzed the later levels for this purpose, so I don't care if they think they are building some sort of edge against me. They are diminishing my edge, but they aren't beating me.

I don't comprehend why so many players feel like they should only play people that they have a large edge against. I am game to take on all opponents. I don't care if it's a drunken retard or Barry Greenstein. My goal is to become the best I can possibly be at this game, and running over idiots at the 11s is not going to prepare me to beat up on the 5000s. If I have to play a tough opponent once every ten games or so, then so be it. Part of placing my money on the table accepting all challenges at all costs, win or lose.

I have played against players who are equal/ better than me. With some of them, we talked about what we were doing and why. We can all learn from each other, even with a bit of trash talking.

With the players pools so large, there is no reason to worry about playing the same opponents over and over again. I doubt that by randomly sitting at tables, I am playing against the same player more than once every two weeks.