Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: X box elite

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Premium and 20 GB has been more than enough for me in the 13 months I've had it.

The arcade games take up almost no space. They're usually a 50 MB download or so. The demos are another matter at about 1 GB a piece. I only download the demos I actually want to play. And when I'm done with them, I delete the demo and buy the game if I liked it.

I live in Europe so I can't download TV shows like I think you can in the US. Even if I could, I doubt I would as the format is a bit limited in what you can do with it in comparison to DVDs (like lend them to a friend). But that would probably take up a decent chunk of HD space.

So your mileage may vary. 20GB is plenty for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

just browsing through the xbox live marketplace and i was like "yeah i can watch high def movies!! download em, watch em and bam it's like a rental yeah?" WRONG it's only available in the usa. thinkin' i'll just go with the pro bundle, i already have some nice hdmi cables here, the new pro bundle comes with the port right? =(
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Most new premium 360's are coming with the hdmi port. I have read that MS still has a stock of them w/out the hdmi...where these are going I'm not too sure. I have checked out 2 stores and all their new machines have the hdmi, so maybe they are using the ones w/out for repairs or countries outside the US...I dunno
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM

WOOT got the elite and i'm so happy i went with it. it looks so nice and the hard drive is cool too.

the bastard at eb tried to talk me out of buying it. and i finally said "can you just give it to me please?" he rolled his eyes and said "oohhhh k." [censored] you!!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the bastard at eb tried to talk me out of buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:53 PM

he said the $100 isn't really worth it, i won't use up 120gb, it doesn't come with a game, i can buy a 120gb hard drive later if i want...blah blah

i think the [censored] was jealous perhaps? it's like he didn't want to let me leave with the elite. at one point his co-worker whispered to him "we don't have any xbox pro consoles anyway"

i would have went somewhere else, but i won a $100 gift cert to EB Games =/
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he said the $100 isn't really worth it, i won't use up 120gb, it doesn't come with a game, i can buy a 120gb hard drive later if i want...blah blah

i think the [censored] was jealous perhaps? it's like he didn't want to let me leave with the elite. at one point his co-worker whispered to him "we don't have any xbox pro consoles anyway"

i would have went somewhere else, but i won a $100 gift cert to EB Games =/

[/ QUOTE ]

they wanted to sell you a used premium system, ldo
Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 AM

wow, that was weird. i couldn't run any updates. i fixed it by setting a static ip address and manual dns. kinda random =/

*edit* rockin a Trendnet Wireless/4 Port Router. And I work in the IT field, lucky thing, that certainly helped! "Mommy mommy! That time in college helped, I fixed my xbox problem!!" =D