Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Shoot \'Em Up

[ QUOTE ]
This looks like it will be Smokin Aces: trailer = awesome, movie = huge letdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

nono, this lived up to the trailer, and more.

A++++++++
Old 09-08-2007, 03:21 AM

omg i want a gun and a filing cabinet so i can knock a fool out with them
Old 09-08-2007, 03:58 AM

This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen... Stay away.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:34 AM

Bourne 3 was soo [censored] terrible. Sweet, nonstop footage of Matt Damon quickly shuffling through random cities while the camera switches angles every 2 seconds. And then a cut to an overhead view of a random city before jumping into a computer room with some random [censored] yelling CMON PEOPLE WE HAVENT MUCH TIME!! Repeat x3767 and that's the entire movie.

There were like 2 fight scenes and the coolest one, <font color="white">with the other ninja assassin, was obstructed by terrible camera work. The camera was zoomed in so far that you couldn't see wtf was happening</font>, it was terrible.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 AM

I read this script a while ago, and it was the worst script I ever read. I certainly hope the effects were awesome.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:02 AM

from what I understand if you go into the movie expecting a serious bourne like action movie, you will think it sucks. If you go in expecting a funny flick filled with cool action you will like it. yay or nay?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read this script a while ago, and it was the worst script I ever read. I certainly hope the effects were awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim from what I understand this is almost a over the top spoof of all the mindless shootem out action movies....except instead of playing it as a spoof they play is super serious which is in a way spoof the genre in itself.

plus everyone knows that Clive Owen with guns and in a bad mood + Monica Belluci as a whore + Paul Giammanti as a crazy villian = the universal formula for awesome.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim from what I understand this is almost a over the top spoof of all the mindless shootem out action movies....except instead of playing it as a spoof they play is super serious which is in a way spoof the genre in itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. You can imagine what reading the script of a movie like this would be like when it's not understood that its basically a sly joke. I was like wtf is this?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. You can imagine what reading the script of a movie like this would be like when it's not understood that its basically a sly joke. I was like wtf is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i can...but at least it would read as crazy as hell whereas most scripts are just borring as hell.
its amazing how many credited/working writers can write such awful [censored] as specs. gives me hope lol
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It looks like it has to be a joke just from the previews. Some of those scenes are beyond roll-your-eyes ridiculous. I like how they went past that into even making the casting a joke, with Clive Owen and Paul G. playing badasses.