Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: looking to stake people part 3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why would u want to stake a winning player, wouldn't they already have a ton of money to play with. this thread is confusing. unless u think someone who beats low stakes is suddenly ready for med stakes i don't get this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. I can understand staking for big MTTs. The fields are incredibly soft, most decent players are +EV, but the variance is insane. Therefore, staking a large number of players results in reduction in variance for both parties.

In cash games I kinda think this is a really bad idea. The games are much harder, and NL cash is about as low variance as poker gets (even tho it can still be pretty sick sometimes). The vast majority of the players who need a stake would have to have a serious flaw as a player, be it poor play, poor tilt control or poor bankroll management. I'd imagine an actual solid, winning player who doesn't have a roll for whatever legit reason is very rare, and of those many would rather rebuild than accept a stake - I know I would.

But jfish and Pasterbator are pretty smart guys, maybe they're thinking about this a little differently. GL to all involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and would like to hear their thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]How about those of us forced to withdraw large percents of our roll every 3-4 months? I'm winning at just over 5 PTBB/100 over my last 70K hands, but am still only rolled for 200NL. Grad school, plus a job that doesn't pay much of anything, does not allow me to build my roll and afford the variance that is so prevelent when trying to move up levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I am except with 100nl and bordering on 200nl.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:49 AM

Reference: AJFenix

I have been playing online cash games for 18 months now. I have done fairly well at .10/.25 up to .50/1.00 running at ~7.5 ptbb over 50k hands. I haven't really had much desire to move up due to having plenty going in with my 9-5 job, finishing math degree, etc.

I feel like this would be a very good opportunity for me to take my game to a new level with some solid coaching and getting some experience playing at 1-2 or perhaps higher. I have heard some good feedback about the coaches and would be willing to agree to a 100k hand staking deal.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:17 AM

If you guys consider me (info posted within the first couple of pages), I can provide refs.

If you only offer stake+coaching together, then I'll take the stake too, even though I don't need it.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Aha! I found an old LHE graph of mine on my website. More proof that I can at least win at something! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM

Old 09-13-2007, 02:40 PM

I have been mindlessly grinding for a really long time. I have never made a deposit on a poker site and have built my roll up to around 3k.before about a month ago i stupidly didnt have pt, I have spent a lot of money getting coaching from varius coaches and im sure they can provide as references but when i play poker im always looking to improve i have spent countless hours watching CR vids, reading 2+2 and getting coaching. I know I probably wont get a stake but really im sure u guys can afford to take a risk on a guy like me who has a lot of potential. My biggest goal poker wise always has been and always will be to improve and obviously a coaching/staking thing would be absolutly perfect for me. I like to play all forms of the game, im a winner at HU 6 max and full ring. I basically want to have the opportunity to play some of the mid limits as i have been forced to play at 50 and 100nl for more than a year. I have a lot of time to devote to poker and i would love to have a mentor to help my game and provide me the opportunity to do something that i have always wanted to do. I know i dont have a lot of hands but like i said earlier that is because i just got pt like a month ago and i would have played more but had a few family emergencys.

I really love the game of poker and all i really am focused on is improving my game and that is by far the most important thing for me. Dont get me wrong making money at this game is great but if i am constantly improving the money should come naturally. please consider taking a chance on me, im on honest guy i would never screw anyone over. Please talk to me on aim if u have any questions or want to talk to me i am looking for a long term staking/coaching deal and i am a very reasonable person so lets work out a sweet deal for the both of us. my aim is : shat4brains392@hotmail.com talk to me anytime thanks.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Hey i am AAProdigy, i guess i am pretty infamous online and live. i have decent pokerdb on AAprodigy on all sites and also Davidpwilliams on ftp too. i dont have any graphs of my PT, my latpop got stolen while i was in jail. but ive been playing i guess for a living since i was on my own at 16. my best game is headsup poker btw, its what i have made most of my money on ftp.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:28 PM

stake me. Why? Because i will cut you open and rip your brains out if you dont.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since when is playing 17/13 considered poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

hi

[/ QUOTE ]

What has running hot for a day got to do with anything?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey i am AAProdigy, i guess i am pretty infamous online and live. i have decent pokerdb on AAprodigy on all sites and also Davidpwilliams on ftp too. i dont have any graphs of my PT, my latpop got stolen while i was in jail. but ive been playing i guess for a living since i was on my own at 16. my best game is headsup poker btw, its what i have made most of my money on ftp.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolllllll
Closed Thread