Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 AM

Default top 2 pair + nut low draw on turn facing a pot bet - PL08

Villain is 23/7/1.

Did I play it ok? The only thing I could put him on here is nut flush and nut low draw or a set of tens... I held a ten so the set was unlikely and I figured that he would protect a flopped set with so many people in the pot.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $8</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($42, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $42</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $30.4</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $87</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($246.4, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $133.2, Sidepot 1: $113.2)

Results:
Final pot: $246.4
Old 09-07-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Re: top 2 pair + nut low draw on turn facing a pot bet - PL08

bump.. anyone care to comment?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 AM

Umm, seriously. Lose the Cosby and you might get better responses.

Did you consider Top Two plus NLD worthy of a check raise, or were you specifically hoping to up the value of your NLD here? Seems like it might be worth the lead bet on the turn to knock out some high drawing hands with weak lows, such as weak flushes, outside straights. Ax66 and Ax44 aren't going anywhere.

Did you get quartered here?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:38 AM

I would probably raise the flop. Maybe I'm overraggro but TP+NLD is a good hand to raise with; you want to knock out overpairs, low two pairs and so on if you can.
Turn seems fine. I think UTG+1 picked up a combo draw of some sort here a lot more often than he has a set. CO is probably chasing low, either with A23x if he's decent or with any A2x if he's not. Since you'd be sharing the low half of the pot with CO most of the time, it makes sense to reraise and create a side pot with UTG+1, since I think your equity against his range is good (better than in the 3-handed main pot).
Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Bet the flop. What the hell are you doing checking. If you bet the flop, you find out exactly where you are at and this hand is much easier to play. If you are going to check, then check raise to knock someone out. You are letting everyone stick around, when you have a marginal high and a marginal low. Its the nut low, but no backup. When you have pretty good both ways, but not great both ways, you must do everything you can in your power to get heads up.

As played there is nothing you can do. You cant fold on the turn. I think the guy who potted it had a small set and he wanted to see a high blank and what people would do on the flop. I would probably go all in on the turn as played. You dont know where you are at, but you got too good of a hand to fold.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 PM

jesus please get the money in somewhere