Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Poss ribba C/R?

4/8 live game

This hand I consider pretty standard but wonder if any of you would ever consider a river C/R here against this opponent.

My image is tight and on the rockish side not playing too many hands the past few hours. The table thinks that I only raise big pairs and AK etc.

Villain in this hand is BTn & is up about 3 racks and made most of it early in the session with great cards. He is loose PF and bets TP hands and anything else all the way. He coldcalls too much but they all do.

UTG(loose all the way)limps, folded to Hero in the HJ with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises, CO(bad postflop)calls, BTN calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls. 6 to the flop

(11 SBs) Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero Raises, CO folds, BTN calls, rest call. 5 ways to the turn

(10.5 BBs) Turn comes the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked around to BTN who bets, all fold to Hero who calls. HU to the ribba

(12.5 BBs) Ribba comes the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero bets, BTN goes in the tank and eventually calls.

When my card came in on the river I was tempted to go for a C/R here with this guy cause I felt as if he was going to bet if I checked to him, but the "possible missed bet" in me just flat bet out. Kind of dangerous with the 3rd flush card comes in but I still felt that I could have pulled it off. The ABC in me opted not to. I knew that he only thought that I had been raising big pairs and or big cards and not more spec hands. Is this even dumb to consider a river CR here? Pull a Shakesphere, act disgusted and check to villain?
(I would have crepped mee ponts if it had got checked thru tho)

Sorry of this one is painfully standard. Just wondering

Oh, and my PF raise some of you likely may not care for but I do and still do. Completely threw the table off
Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Poss ribba C/R?

I'd love to c/r here, but these clowns miss so many stupid easy value bets that I'll take my bet here.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM

the bet is fine, the flush came in = live players will be scared and check
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM

I kind of had a feeling that this guy may have bet. I agree with the pachydern and my brother Fnord that these players this an easy scare card and most will check. BUt wouldnt it have been great if...........

Anyone here recall any hands sim. to this that have made this play at all?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:02 PM

None of us were there and part of being a good live player is a lot of observation. Maybe you could make this c/r. Can't say because I just have words to go off of, I wasn't there. I don't worry much about this problem because I think other stuff is more important for my win-rate right now.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 PM

I like preflop.

I think I just bet the river. Live players put people on 2 hands. AK and Flush draws.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK and Flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... but the fish tend to adjust this range based on how the hand develops! If they catch 2pr/trips/set then they put me on AA/KK...
Old 09-07-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AK and Flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... but the fish tend to adjust this range based on how the hand develops! If they catch 2pr/trips/set then they put me on AA/KK...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but only the realy really good ones.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 PM

Looks super great, nice hand. Insurance bet on the river for sure, that's a scary card.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 PM

all streets well played.