Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: No more Jman on Cardrunners?

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me. I program sites all day long. You make simple interfaces for all this stuff. Managing the content is simple. As for subscriptions/payments blah blah there are tons of ready my scripts and solutions out there that can be implemented with ease. The reason why people aren't copying the site is they aren't that good of players to make useful videos for everyone else. Anyone who wants to make videos and is as good as the CR pro's and guest feel free to contact me and we can get started on a site. I got the logo developed already.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jman site on the way?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
one of the best videos

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me. I program sites all day long. You make simple interfaces for all this stuff. Managing the content is simple. As for subscriptions/payments blah blah there are tons of ready my scripts and solutions out there that can be implemented with ease. The reason why people aren't copying the site is they aren't that good of players to make useful videos for everyone else. Anyone who wants to make videos and is as good as the CR pro's and guest feel free to contact me and we can get started on a site. I got the logo developed already.

[/ QUOTE ]

So? You can code up some [censored] site in any time you want, but it probably won't have the community CR has, or the amount of videos CR has as well. It would take a ton of work to reach their level for anyone starting out from scratch.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Taylor, what's the deal with Jman? I thought his video was great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I thought his vid was one of the top 2 or 3 on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

which one was the best?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:05 PM

You know what cracks me up? Aba joins the site, there's several huge threads about it. He releases his first video, people say its the greatest thing they've ever seen and that its changed their game/life etc. Now people are starting to bash Aba, saying his videos are boring and he plays spewy or whatever. Then Jman makes a video, and the process gets rinse repeated.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what cracks me up? Aba joins the site, there's several huge threads about it. He releases his first video, people say its the greatest thing they've ever seen and that its changed their game/life etc. Now people are starting to bash Aba, saying his videos are boring and he plays spewy or whatever. Then Jman makes a video, and the process gets rinse repeated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aba is probably a better poker player than Jman, but IMO Jman is handsdown the best poker writer/teacher/etc. in the world right now. His articles in Bluff are all really good (not just gbucks) and he is one of if not the best strategy posters in the history of 2p2. If he were to release a book, I would probably be willing to pay $1000 for it. Cardrunners suscribers should be upset that such a good player and teacher is no longer providing videos.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM

I agree, but that wasn't really my point.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Jman's vid was my fav as well. IMO it is the vid that best captured the thought process of an elite player.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell a public message board all of the changes for some very obvious reasons think new instructors, new website with new features and tools to help improve your game

Id like to make it clear that we are doing what we can to bring phil on board

Tc

[/ QUOTE ]

In English, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was typing that while trying to board a plane.

First of all, this thread is going a million different directions. There are a lot of reasons we are keeping some of our major changes private until the release of our new site. People will just have to wait until then to find out, but I'm confident members are going to be very happy with the new changes.

By the way, I'm always open to suggestions or ideas. Feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can to make them happen.

Best,
tc
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardrunners suscribers should be upset that such a good player and teacher is no longer providing videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only made 1 and I am pretty sure everyone knew it may well be a 1-off. I assumed it would anyway. It's not like they touted him as a full instructor or anything.

People can be disappointed that he's not making any more videos, but I think ppl are overreacting in this thread, cause that's what people do on internet msg boards. I belong to 4 training sites currently and cardrunners is still way, way better than most, there's tons to it other than Jman.

I mean seriously, if you want to say that CR doesn't have enough variety or is getting stale, just be super super thankful you didn't join (not naming this site) or (oh my god biggest waste of money ever, not naming this site either, kill me now for joining).

(And it's so true, what is with the anti-aba sentiment in a few posts, maybe it was irony and I didn't catch it, I'm unsure. He's a very good teacher.)