Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: How Can I Save Money Here

Suggestions, in order of preference:

1. Stop playing poker.
2. See suggestion 1.
3. See suggestion 2.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Did you really pfr from the SB with AA, and then go for the c/r on the flop? What made you think anybody would bet for you? And why are you wondering how to save money with AA on a fairly dry board? ZOMG, I need a drink.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Stop playing poker.
2. See suggestion 1.
3. See suggestion 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is something like this, in any way constructive for a guy trying to learn? This only appears like someone trying to be humorous while proving their poker superiority. He is obviously posting in here, in order to improve his abilities. Will he get any better if he stops playing poker?

And more importantly for you - why would you ever advise a player who makes mistakes, to stop playing poker? Doesn't every penny of your long-term profit, come from capitalizing on the mistakes of others?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Bozlax answer is a stringent response to your question OP.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 PM

I thought the title of this post was bad until I saw the hand.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Wow. Don't checkraise here. A raise PF then a check on the flop sticks out like a sore thumb to an experienced opponent and were you to checkraise me in this situation, you would be on an express train to 3town. As it stands lunkhead here didn't get much value out of his 2 pair, so there isn't much more money you could have saved. AA is better than K5. Just remember that.

Stop being so results oriented. Money in poker is not made on a per hand basis, but over a series of hands where correct decisions add up.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:35 PM

This table was very loose and aggressive. I'm not sure I'm understanding why I shouldn't check raise here. If I just bet out I get two callers, and a wider range of hands beat me on the turn? Or at least, that's how I understood it. I guess they won't in this situation fold to my raise anyway, I think I was just in a bad position to make this play.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM

if you try to checkraise the flop, there is no guarantee that the opponents will bet for you and you miss bets/give opponents a free draw and again, an observant opponent will see you jacking around and doing stuff like checkraising overpairs and will adapt. I see it all the time at higher stakes where opponents will checkraise the turn after calling my preflop raise and calling my cbet. I just check through on the turn because I know their tendencies.

Do you know your opponents here well enough that you know that a checkraise will always work against them in this situation?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't. Obviously this is the wrong play but I just wanted some clarification on the optimal way to play the hand from the flop on. I thought building my edge by making them pay $0.20 to see the card if any one of the three players bets, was better than betting out and getting called down by all of them.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM

in addition the #1 reason that you bet this flop after having raise pf, is that you continuation bet this flop everytime pretty much regardless of your holding when you raise pre-flop. Checking will make even the least observant opponent weary. C-betting is much more deceptive than, checking.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Stop playing poker.
2. See suggestion 1.
3. See suggestion 2.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Did you really pfr from the SB with AA, and then go for the c/r on the flop? What made you think anybody would bet for you? And why are you wondering how to save money with AA on a fairly dry board? ZOMG, I need a drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this post was necessary? I'm playing $0.10/$0.20 limit hold'em. Playing less than optimal probably still won't result in me losing over time, but you can be condescending if you like.