Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Lack of postflop plan

Villain is 23/7/2.6 but I only have datamined hands on him and have never played against him.

Iīm so used to not get called in these spots so I hadnīt got a plan if he called which is inexcusable.
So work out a plan for me!

And another question. Is the reraise unnecessary big?

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $375.50
UTG+1: $192.00
CO: $368.76
Button: $177.05
SB: $90.78
Hero: $205.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $8</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $36</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($83, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Lack of postflop plan

Preflop is good. 50 on the flop. Fold if he comes over the top against an unknown. If he calls, re-evaluate turn. Check-call most blanks, check-fold an Ace or King turn.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Your raise is a little high, 25 gives you a tasty SPR and will keep lesser hands in better.

Okay his range for not folding to the RR is AA-TT, AK, and at a big stretch AQs. You can discount AA and maybe KK some because he didn't 4-bet.

I don't like it much, but I bet half the pot, and flip a coin over shoving/folding if any more money is required.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

PF raise size is good w/ the extra caller in there

just b/f the flop
Old 09-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Here is the whole hand. At first I thought I played all streets really bad and especially the call of the all-in.
But I guess my preflop - and bet/flop play was pretty standard after all. My all-in call is still pretty much a disaster. He tricked me a little bit by just calling KK preflop and I fell for it.
Can a solid player have anything on turn but JJ that I beat? Can he even have that?

I have a good winrate overall during my first 15K hands NL but I think my high PP winrates sucks:

AA:2.13 BB/hand
KK:1.69 BB/hand
QQ:-1.36 BB/hand
JJ:1.40 BB/hand
TT:0.83 BB/hand

Those are bad arenīt they?Or am I too limit influenced?

UTG: $375.50
UTG+1: $192.00
CO: $368.76
Button: $177.05
SB: $90.78
Hero: $205.30

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $8</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $36</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($83, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $337.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $114.3</font>.
Uncalled bets: $168.2 returned to UTG.
Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($421.6, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $421.6)
River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($421.6, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $421.6)
Results:
Final pot: $421.6
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Qh Qd</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG shows Kc Ks</font>
Old 09-06-2007, 03:34 AM

I am wrong when I think that I read in PNL that the book basically says anybody who bet/folds this flop is a fool who should take up slots instead?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 AM

Paging Matt Flynn...
Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 AM

the preflop raise made this hand tough. opponent's calling range (to your huge reraise) is narrow, so basically if you don't flop a Q you're often behind when you get all-in.

so i like the big reraise better with a suited connector or AK - hands more likely to miss the flop. or with weaker hands, but that move should not be done too often against anyone with a brain.

as played you're in a world of hurt. you can always use new information, so if you bet and his push means you're beaten more often than your equity in the pot justifies calling, then you fold. if your plan is to do that, you might bet a little less if that would not change the outcome but allow you to make a better fold. problem with that strategy is it's vulnerable to bluffs.

cliff's notes: big preflop reraise made postflop tough.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM

Paging system works every time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Matt, you said you don't like preflop but you didn't say what you do like. Are you just calling? If so are you playing basic fit-or-fold on the flop? Do you consider any flop where there is no Ace &amp; no King or we hit a set a fit?

If we just call preflop we're going to take a 3-way flop. If we raise less than OP did then of course UTG will call almost every time and the coldcaller will be getting very juicy odds. Do neither of these things concern you?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM

bet/fold flop

the number of times he has JJ is far less than he has TT/KK/AA.

btw, do you make same squeeze with AK?