Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: SHEEP Playoffs - Week 3 of 5 (Friday Reveal)

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about the third world is not the way to sheep victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly. Need to think about self centered New Yorkers who are afraid of earthquakes.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to be a nurse if they could be a doctor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Compassionate people for whom giving care is the higher value. People who do not wish to attend medical school and suffer the subsequent residency. You people act like nurses are inferior to doctors as opposed to complementing them.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Here are the Week 3 standings...

Looks like a 2-man race in the Consolation standings, as eurythmech and Siegmund slipped up a bit this week. FWIW, over the last three weeks, Hogie and bojtun have both tallied more points than anyone contending for the Championship. Gotta qualify though...

And the Championship Standings are ridiculously competitive now. Patton4 had an average-ish finish in Week 1, but had a decent amount of regular season points, then rode his perfect game last week and Top-10 this week into the lead!! I guess he's the guy to beat with two weeks to go. You could argue that anyone in the Top 10 (or maybe even more) still has a pretty legitimate shot at the title, though it's going to take a heroic effort for those near the bottom of that bunch to pass everyone. Top-3 gets you recogntion too though - so that's something to shoot for. We'll be "giving out" silver and bronze as well.

There's really been a lot of great playoff performances - guess the pressure hasn't gotten to anyone yet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] fmxda and Dudd have been quiet, but three nice finishes apiece put them right in striking distance. Iron_Yuppie is quietly sneaking up on people too - only 16 points out with two weeks to go. And dmk passed OldTimey!!

Two more weeks!!! I'll need a vacation...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about the third world is not the way to sheep victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I think you have to multiply the validity of any answer by a factor where USA = 1, UK, Canadia =0.9, France Germany =0.8, other Euro = 0.75 and ROW = 0.5 or less.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Compassionate people for whom giving care is the higher value. People who do not wish to attend medical school and suffer the subsequent residency. You people act like nurses are inferior to doctors as opposed to complementing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a noble profession but a [censored] job. Bad pay, bad hours, poor treatment by some doctors. Oh, and the administrators are always looking to cut more nursing jobs or hire cheaper non-english speaking nurses.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Compassionate people for whom giving care is the higher value.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM

I apparently am just a middle-of-the-road kinda wench .
Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the fact that it was a loaded question. The equation of girls=nurses is cliche. Nothing wrong with nursing, I just believe that more girls nowadays say they want to be doctors rather than nurses. I think society today encourages them to do so as well.

BTW, my last comment was a joke LDO.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like kokiri said, unless you're in a POS built building (third world), or a poorly built parking structure, its no big deal.

Northridge earthquake killed 72 people. Loma Prieta (World Series earthquake in SF) killed 67.
Hurricane Katrina killed over 1800.

[/ QUOTE ]

jjp, I'm a SoCal native and have been in some biggies (Northridge) and they scared me a lot more than the four hurricanes - two of which the eye passed over my house - that I have experienced since moving to Florida.

Katrina was an anomoly because of the flooding ... but obviously it became pretty freaking scary ... we have hurricane parties the night before they come.... so the same thing can be said ... unless you live in a shanty or are foolish enough not to EVACUATE with the three day warnings you get if you're in an area that could be flooded, they're no big deal..
Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 PM

LMAO at earthquake. If you run out into your back yard you're perfectly safe in an earthquake. You can't escape a hurricane unless you drive hundreds of miles.

Being in an earthquake is a life goal of mine. Being in a hurricane is NOT.