Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 AM

Default AP

Is it worth playing on AP with rakeback at NL25/NL50? Haven't played there since it changed from dealt to contributed, basically just wanna know whats it like there now at these limits would it be good for me?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: AP

Where are you playing now?

I used to play at AP (now I play at FT) and the games were very very fishy. I'm considering going back to AP even without RB.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 AM

AP is weighted contributed now by the way

Ryu
SRB
Old 09-07-2007, 04:04 AM

Weighted contributed, what's that?! Just wanna know if I'll make decent ammount on rakeback playin .10/.25 + .25/.50!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:28 AM

How is MGR calculated: Different poker sites will figure your MGR in different ways. There are 3 different ways this is figured.

The first is called the dealt method. As long as you are dealt cards you will earn MGR on the hand (as long as the pot is raked). For example, if you are playing with 10 players at the table and all of them are dealt in and the pot is raked $1.50, you will earn 10/1.50 or 15 cents for this hand. Once again, you only have to be dealt in to earn MGR on the hand; you do not have to actually contribute to the pot. The formula for this is: ($ amount raked) /(amount of players dealt in) = MGR

The second method is average contributed. This means not only do you have to be dealt in, but you also have to contribute to the pot in some way (even if you fold the small blind). An example of this would be, if 10 players are dealt in the hand, but only 6 contribute to the pot (including you) and the pot is raked $3.00, you will earn 6/$3.00 or 50 cents in MGR. The formula for this is similar to the above: (($ amount raked) / Amount of players contributed to the pot) = MGR

The third method is weighted contributed. This means not only do you have to be dealt in, but, once again, you will have to contribute to the pot in some way. The difference between this method and the “average contributed” method above is that your MGR is figured in direct proportion to the amount of money you put in the pot. For example, 10 people are dealt in the hand and 8 of them contribute to the pot (including you), but after you have contributed $20 to the pot total, you fold on fourth street (along with 5 other players), 1 person folds on the turn, and 2 people see the showdown. The final pot is $240 and is raked $3. Since you contributed $20 to the $240 pot, you will earn $20 / $240 or 8.33% of the $3 rake, which is 24.99 cents. The formula is: (amount contributed to the pot / $ amount of pot ) * ($ amount raked) = MGR

AP rakeback is capped at 30% , weighted contributed is not an advantageous system at all for you as NL player. If you strictly look at the rakeback % , I would suggest you find another site that has Dealt method to play on for higher rakeback revenue.. however, you also have to look at the players skill level ofcourse. Don't be blinded by the rakeback % or system.

Ryu
SRB
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 AM

Thanks alot