Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: How does Phil Hellmuth win tournaments?

no seriously how does mccutter not have a custom title yet
Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious when phil shattered the record of most cashes in a wsop in 2006, why didnt any of the internet players beat it? Not one internet pro(and theres probably hundreds at the wsop) cashed more times than phil did. Tells me hes at a WHOLE nother level than u guys. Theres the champions then theres you guys( the wannabes and haters, players who cant accept that this guy is 10 times the player they are even when the facts are clear as day right in front of their faces.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that most internet donks dont understand why Hellmuth wins is key. Internet donks think reading skills dont matter. Guys like Hellmuth and Negreanu and Cunningham (and Bobby Baldwin against SBRUGBY) know that reading skills do matter. In the last week on tv, Hellmuth and Negreanu called out a player's exact hand. THEY CALLED OUT A PLAYER'S EXACT HAND.
Internet donks will dismiss these exact reads as being inconsequential. Guess what? THEY'RE NOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole post had me in giggles.

HIS EXACT HAND GUYS.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are not impressed with Hellmuth's and Negreanu's reading abilities? Fine. Keep giggling. You have a big blind spot in your game. But keep giggling. Laugh and feel full of self-confidence. Marinate in it.

It's called ignorance.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

you have a leak as well

its called having having the live pros nuts so far in your mouth you cant breathe
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM

You have no understanding of live poker. And you have no respect for those who do understand live poker.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have no understanding of live poker. And you have no respect for those who do understand live poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure how successful you have been at live poker, but im guessing gobbo has been way more successful. Myself as well actually
Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To think internet pros can't make the OMG SICK READS that you said is EXTREMELY ignorant and shows even further you have no clue on what you're talking about. I made it through day 1 of the horse event at WSOP Europe and I outlasted phil... does that make me better than him at horse?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like to you, if you arent staring at some random player for 2 min straight to "look into his soul", you dont understand live poker.

ive played a small amount of live poker (mostly at TS). i never needed to "read someones soul", and i was still successful.

online players can do the same things live players can. i imagine you think online poker is rigged though so you wont give it a try
Old 09-07-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You have a big blind spot in your game. But keep giggling. Laugh and feel full of self-confidence. Marinate in it.

It's called ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell him, McCutter! Silly Gobbo, thinking he can play poker with....ZOMG... LIVE PRO'S

McCutter for mod.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

Live poker is rigged
Old 09-07-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious when phil shattered the record of most cashes in a wsop in 2006, why didnt any of the internet players beat it? Not one internet pro(and theres probably hundreds at the wsop) cashed more times than phil did. Tells me hes at a WHOLE nother level than u guys. Theres the champions then theres you guys( the wannabes and haters, players who cant accept that this guy is 10 times the player they are even when the facts are clear as day right in front of their faces.)

[/ QUOTE ]

PH didn't shatter the record. He tied Humberto Brenes' record of 8 cashes. PH had only 5 cashes during the main part of the WSOP. PH's last 3 cashes occurred after he busted out of the main event. In 2006 the WSOP held secondary events during the main event. In 2007 Micheal Binger tied the record of 8 cashes. Could have broken the record if he had survived the second day.