Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Arrested over weekend, court tomorrow, what do I expect ?

[ QUOTE ]
Over the weekend I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering. Processed in the jail house, paid a $40 booking fee and was let go, no bail. And told to report to the courthouse Tuesday morning at 830.

I was tailgating at a concert, after the show I went to the wrong car (same color truck a few spots from where my sisters boyfriends truck was parked). I opened the tailgate and looked through the coolers for my beer. I don not find it in the first two and as I opening the third cooler, I get pinned against the truck by the owner. He yells "you [censored] with the wrong person this time, Im a state trooper." He holds me until he can get stadium police. He tells them he wants to press charges. I got thrown in the paddy wagon (my sister and her group of friends were back in time to see me being put in paddy wagon) brought to station and booked.

I did not take anything from his truck. I did not break anything on his truck. It was flatbed truck, coolers in back. There was no intent to do anything wrong here. I just wanted to have another beer before leaving the traffic mess of post concert.

This is my first time arrested my whole life, Im 28.
What should I expect tomorrow ?
Do I need a lawyer ?
Any other advice ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you enter the gallows chamber, just make sure you ask Mr. Pierrepoint to make sure the knot is placed snugly behind the left ear to ensure the quickest possible death, so you don't strangle at the end of the rope. Here's a quick how-to video if he needs pointers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYbEjy3Y1_I

Glad to be of service to you.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Arrested over weekend, court tomorrow, what do I expect ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cops are [censored] dicks. If you don't think so, there's a solid 90% chance you're a cop or come from a family of cops. I'm a quiet, polite, and respectful citizen every time I have to deal with the police and they always treat me like [censored]. Ever since I was a kid, every single dealing I've ever had with a cop has been unpleasant.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had some pretty good interactions with cops, and no, I'm not related to any and know only one personally (although I've treated a few in my private practice). Bottom line, most are just doing an honest job and are sick and tired of jagoffs acting like, well, jagoffs all the time. I've been pulled over LOTS and rarely ticketed.

My last time I got pulled was at 3:30 am. I was 1) speeding, 2) without a seatbelt, 3) in a car not registered to me but that I'd bought 3 months earlier, 4) with out of state tags, and 5) without proof of insurance. Nice chat with the cop, who I treated with respect and good humor, and I get off with a warning. Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. My experience is a lot closer to the latter than the former, and I'm black. I've lived in Chicago, Boston and LA and have found the asshat cop to cop ratio to be a little greater than society in general.

I always kinda figured white guys had experiences with cops like the SNL skit where Eddie Murphy is riding the bus dressed in "whiteface" (name: Mr. White) and a party breaks out after the last black guy gets off.