Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Looking for leaks in my game .25/.50-$1-2 NL Hold-em

I am looking for leaks and I was told on this forum that the best way to do this would be to post a series of hands so here it is. Most of these hands I am destined to lose money, but I want how I can lose the least amount possible. i.e. pot control & betting patterns. He are a few hands. I really want to know if I am not defining the strength of my hands right or am playing some of my hands too fast. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453202

I re-raised this guy because he is a seriously weak player. Playing 60% of pots and calling real thin. He had been more than willing to play big pots with weak hand. I could have checked turn but he was calling real weak. I know I am behind after his min raise but what can I do then with the re-draw? Is it possible to call and fold river if flush misses with $64 left?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453212

This was a traditional blind war hand. I had just raised 3 of the last 4 pots and had a loose image. I figured he easily could have had KQ or KJ here too and had at worst 7-10 outs. Not sure if I can get away from this one, because I am only losing to A,10, but would like to know if there is a higher EV way to play this.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453223

Same table as last hand about 20 minutes later. I had a real LAG image and was up pretty good for the session so I do not think tilt was a factor. I do not remember the stats on villain but I was getting a ton of action at this table. I usually fold to an overbet like this but it just seems like an odd way to play aces or kings. I figured AK or jacks and in that case a call is positive EV.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453232

This table was out of control. I called pre-flop because the raiser had already been all-in twice in 20 hands and was calling raises with 8,4 off. His stats were 70 vpip/40 pre-flop raise and he could not get away from top pair even in draw heavy boards. After flop, I was weary of straight from all-in raiser but thought he easily could have had Tens or a club draw. His stats were 45 vpip/25 pre-flop raise. He had also been all-in twice in 20 hands and was quite erratic. However, that is a draw heavy board and a massive overbet.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453238

I almost folded this one on river because I did not have any reads on the all-in river bettor at the time and was really worried about 9,10 or pockets tens. That being said, I have seen people make this play with less so I do not know.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453242

I think the villain played his hand real well and he was a loose player playing 30 vpip/20 pre-flop raise but I think he is a solid player over the times I played with him.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1453246

This one is just a whiner that played itself. Nothing to note here just the worst cooler I have ever been apart of, I think everyone played their hands correctly.

I have more but I think anyone willing to look through these gets the idea. There were a few overpair vs. overpair situations that I donked chips off with and I hope I have learned my lesson on those, however, my concern is over pot control. I am going to lose money with all of these hands, but I want to know how to lose the least amount possible. I keep facing massive overbets from super loose players. I know and am fine with pokers variance. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Looking for leaks in my game .25/.50-$1-2 NL Hold-em

wtf my heads is spinning
Old 09-06-2007, 08:06 PM

I know it is detailed and do not expect many to reply, but if anyone has the time & patience to anaylze some hands, they can, if not, no big deal. Reply to other posts. There are lots of them.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:08 PM

i dont think this kinda post is gonna get much comments.. u can post your poker trackers stats and that ill be easier to comment on or give advice from the regulars here i think..
Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 PM

hand 1, if hes that bad, then just get it in on the turn

hand 2, if you are asking questions like this, you are very very results oriented, this is superstandard, get it in here and pump your fist
(and so you know, you lose to T9 also

hand 3 - read dependant, assuming you have none, call and make on note on what he had

hand 4 (77) is super standard, only fold if you hate money

the rest of the hands are not loading
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM

dude if your new ppl dont usually have as much time to look into your hands. Best thing to do is post like 1-2 at once, going through that many hands to help someone out that hasn't contributed much the the forum is going to make peoples head spin. But now that I've bumped the thread maybe others will have a look (: Also use a hand converter and post them rather than having links

Hand 1 - standard based on read, if you will fold to a raise check behind
Hand 2 - rereraise flop
Hand 3 - Thats completely dependant on villain I fold
Hand 4 - standard
Hand 5 - Raise flop
Hand 6 - I dont like the turn raise, I lead out or just call his bet
Hand 7 - I would bet the turn
Old 09-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Hand 1) You're usually behind after he minraises you, but since he's really loose and you have the draw to the nuts may as well stick it in. Since there's so little left behind if you call his raise, it's best to just go all-in

Hand 2) Don't be so results orientated. Don't even consider folding this, especially vs. a 1/2 stack. It is probably better to re-raise flop all-in because, for instance if he has QJ or something and the turn is a ten, it kills your action.

Hand 3) This really depends on the opponent. Calling is probably fine given your LAG image and that he doesnt even have a full stack.

Hand 4) This is a very easy call against this opponent. Unlucky you were behind, there's lots of hands he could have had that you beat.

Hand 5) It would be better to raise preflop. However you MUST raise the flop, there are so many draws here. As for river... I probably call but I'm not too happy. It's close I think. River overbets are normally strong, so I guess you could fold.

Hand 6) I usually just lead the turn, probably folding if raised. I don't mind playing it this way though.

Hands 7) Unlucky. [censored] happens.

Also, as previously mentioned, it is better to post 1 maybe 2 hands per thread so you can more detailed responses/ discussion.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:28 AM

Lose your results orientation and you will immediately improve

Bet the Turn in the Hand 7 and Bet/fold Turn in Hand 6