Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Micro MTT Stars - Flush Draw + Overcards?

This was yesterday, during the Stars 10:00 EST 0.25 + 100 added MTT. We were already ITM when this hand came up. I was just moved to the table, so I didn't really have any reads, but the last two hands, action folded to me in the big blind, then I raised and took a pot uncontested from the SB last hand. It seems everyone is playing very snug and tight (at least preflop).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1000 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t24563)
UTG+1 (t29532)
MP1 (t11300)
MP2 (t26858)
MP3 (t11680)
CO (t32400)
Hero (t20672)
SB (t21017)
BB (t17006)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t2000.

Flop: (t7400) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t17572 (All-In)</font>

I guess this overbet was overkill, but it was late and I was pretty tired. My reasoning was there is no way I'm ever folding here, but I guess just a pot size bet would be better with the intention of calling/shoving a check-raise. I thought my opponent would've likely re-raised with AQ+ or 99+ after my raise preflop, but then again, there is no way of knowing this for sure as I just sat down. The fact was I didn't want to lose a big pot if my opponent made a call with like TT and I missed the turn and river. I appreciate any thoughts as to what I should do.

My thoughts now are to pot the flop, call a push, then push
the turn if called?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Micro MTT Stars - Flush Draw + Overcards?

I push this, personally.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 PM

MMAA, If your going to overshove pot, it shouldn't be THIS MUCH over pot. I doubt i'd ever jam more than like 9k here.

In this spot, i'd bet 5k on the flop and if he calls and i think there's a chance he'll fold the turn, jam then.

Obviously, if he CR's the flop your getting it in.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MMAA, If your going to overshove pot, it shouldn't be THIS MUCH over pot. I doubt i'd ever jam more than like 9k here.

In this spot, i'd bet 5k on the flop and if he calls and i think there's a chance he'll fold the turn, jam then.

Obviously, if he CR's the flop your getting it in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Thanks guys for the responses.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM

I like to check-raise all in this position, you are in pos though... yeah shove is good. You have plenty of outs and at the 0.25 it is likely u will get called by bottom pair. You also have to take note that when u start getting deep in these things, everyone plays their cards, no one will try to make any kind of move. What I do at this stage w/ a stack that size is raise w/ trash in late pos. get called by the BB, BB checks flop, then u raise 1/2 to 3/4 the pot and take it down (which is a pretty solid pot at this point) It works most of the time, but when it fails, or when you know ur opponent is a calling station, I give it up. Concluding - yes the all in looks good to me.