Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Poker Terminology

Ive been reading a few of the hands posted here and im still coming across some terminology i dont understand. One thing I dont get is what is a TAGish or LAGish player? and what do people mean by "Hows my line so far?" Line? is this referring to how the hand has been played up to that point? and the numbers as well 13/46/23 etc is this to do with some kind of poker software? Some explanation would be gd plz or direction to a post that explains it
Old 09-06-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Poker Terminology

The answers to everything you ask can be found in the links in the Beginner Forum FAQ. Try here for the TAG/LAG question and here for the question about the numbers.

The one question you might not find the answer to is what is a "line"? Your "line" in a poker hand refers to your approach to the hand. Specifically your decisions to bet or fold or call at each point along the way.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM

TAG = Tight Aggressive
LAG = Loose Aggressive

As for the others, I assume it has something to do with the PokerTracker software, which is something I have not invested in yet, so I can't help you on this one.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 PM

TAG - Tight agressive player.
LAG - Loose agressive player.

Yes. The player wants to know if he thinks right when playing a hand both preflop and postflop. Right in this case is if he plays it like the more experienced players would suggest.

13/46/23 is a Poker Tracker Stat.

Here is better explanations: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10605476