Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 AM

Default Re: I\'m confused and have top pair, so I call

sry if he is 2+2 but villain gets fancy easily and slowplays in all kind of spots. im pretty sure this is a boat, too.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poorly played if it's 88/99. His hand doesn't make sense but then again regular tags can pull the wierdiest lines.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it poorly played? On the turn, he knows he has everyone dead. Aisle would probably bet anything he can call a bet with since the pot is 170'ish and the SB drooler has 120'ish left. SB might very well be on a draw, give him a chance to catch it. If he isn't on a draw he is never folding whatever he has on the river after turn is checked through anyway. Also give Aisle a chance to catch a pair with his overcards or boat up with his smaller pair. I don't see how this is poorly played by villain if he has 88/99.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks a lot like 88/99 to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think this is the point, its set or nothing and even if nothing is just 30% of busted clubs nothing is not irrelevant. thats my instinct at least.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:44 AM

It's such a horrible spot to bluff though, with the shortie drooler yet to act. I really doubt it's a busted draw 30% of the time.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM

I think this is a pretty easy fold, he checks behind both of u on turn which indicates a very strong hand, maybe even quads? This is definately a boat and an instafold.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:41 AM

A5 - i have noticed SevenSuited seems to slowplay more than most regs, the other day he flat called my sb open in the bb 125bb deep with AA, then flat called 3 streets on a dry board. I always bet the river btw, probably fold to his raise.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I agree with most of you here. I just thought that it would be a great spot for villain to bluff raise here and it was hard for him to have better given the action.

He didn't have a boat, or a straight, however. He had quads. =/
Old 09-06-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poorly played if it's 88/99. His hand doesn't make sense but then again regular tags can pull the wierdiest lines.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it poorly played? On the turn, he knows he has everyone dead. Aisle would probably bet anything he can call a bet with since the pot is 170'ish and the SB drooler has 120'ish left. SB might very well be on a draw, give him a chance to catch it. If he isn't on a draw he is never folding whatever he has on the river after turn is checked through anyway. Also give Aisle a chance to catch a pair with his overcards or boat up with his smaller pair. I don't see how this is poorly played by villain if he has 88/99.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because he's losing soooooo much value by checking behind. Yes he "has everyone dead" but he can at least bet something like half pot on the turn in order to get a nice value shove on the river.

In other words, he's not building the pot for value correctly.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm okay with the continuation bet on the flop. I think its one of those textured flops where since you were the opener you can fire a 2nd barrell here if you get caller and scare off middle pairs.

I'm also fine with the river bet since the SB is a station and will look you up with tons of stuff that he called the flop with (any pairs,a3,clubs with an 89,etc.)

Now fold because

A) I never see people bluffing here
B) Even though SB seems weak and dead in this hand he's a station and this other guy is still raising with him still to act
C) To add to above you fired into 2 people so for him to think you are super weak and to pull off a sophisticated bluff would be quite out of the ordinary

Oh, and I think J10 clubs is definitely his most likely holding.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:58 PM

fgators you are my hero