Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Mixed blessings on turn/river

Relatively new to the table, no information on anyone yet, but I haven't seen any maniac plays yet. $0.05/$0.10 NLH on Pacific Poker.

UTG: $9.45
C.O: $43.53
Button: $18.83
S.B.<font color="red">Hero</font>: $8.95
B.B: $8.35

Preflop Action:
UTG folds, C.O. limps, button limps,<font color="red">Hero</font> limps with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], B.B. checks.

[What do you think of limping with Ace Ten from the small blind?]

Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop action ($0.40):
<font color="red">Hero</font> checks, BB checks, c.o checks, button checks.

Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[What action do I take here?]

Turn action:
<font color="red">Hero</font> checks, BB checks, c.o. checks, button bets $0.10.

[Do I reraise here?]

<font color="red">Hero</font> calls, c.o. calls.

River brings T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

River action ($0.70):
<font color="red">Hero</font> bets $0.45, c.o. reraises to $1.70, button folds.

[What line do I take here? What's his range?]
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Mixed blessings on turn/river

Reload to 10$ before every hand.
completing and raising are close preflop, imo.
turn bet here
as played reraise to .5$
river: call here
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 AM

If his raising range is tight - call.
If his raising range is loose - push, get showed A6, A8 enough to be profitable.
Unknown - call.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM

1) I don't usually play at tables with a huge stack. Even if you max buy at $10- you can still be pushed around and I'd rather be the aggressor. If this dude accumulated his stack while you were at the table and you know his play- that's a different story. In that case, I am always reloading to the max so I can take full advantage of monster hands.

2) I hate limping into an unraised pot in 6 max at these levels. I am never the first to limp (either raise or fold) and only rarely limp marginal hands OOP. If several limpers in front of me (I'm in position), I'll raise to chase away the crap. So I would have raised to $0.70-0.75 here to narrow the field.

As you played it:

Flop- check is okay since OOP in unraised pot

Turn- I'd lead here since first to act (maybe 0.20). Pretty much tells everyone you have the ace but people with mid-pairs are more likely to call your bet than be the initiator. Plus since checked to BTN, don't know if his call is positional or that he has something. If you reraise the BTN, you scare everyone out most likely and could face a reraise OOP.

River- Without any facts on dude (and no PFR and a weak turn raise)- it's tough to tell his range. You can learn a little from his stack 1) he's been playing at the table a very long time and builds stack slowly by playing tight poker or 2) he's a maniac and busted people a couple of times.

Only thing that's a scare is a flopped set or a connected straight. If CO is passive and doesn't bet draws, straight is a good possibility. If set- great slow play and lucky for him that you got a good piece of the board.

Tough to lay down two pairs. Without reads, I'd probably call (and muck) the reraise. No way am I pushing here.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:31 AM

Yeah, cheers for the advice guys. I've been adapting my game since this post and am playing less passively now. So thanks.

In this hand I called and he turned over 79, for a straight. Which sucked, but I should have either reraised turn or bet out in order to make him pay to draw. Thanks again lads.