Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Funny FullTilt Business

[ QUOTE ]
The attacks seem to have driven him back under. Good job!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. We've got them on the run now, boys!
Old 09-06-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The attacks seem to have driven him back under. Good job!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. We've got them on the run now, boys!

[/ QUOTE ]
Such a shame that this sort of smart-arsed, unhelpful type of comment is so prevelant here.

I suppose the people who make them feel a little bigger in their own minds for taking a cheap shot at an easy target.

Rather sad that they feel the need, really.

Sadder still that they feel they're impressing anyone other than their fellow members of the idiot tendency.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadder still that they feel they're impressing anyone other than their fellow members of the idiot tendency.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, who told him about our secret society?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Just to let you guys know, I am a frequent poster on another forum, not this one. Yes I understand that this is my first post, but if you are a member of the madpokerprops forum you will see that I post there frequently under the same screename. I honestly dont care whether people believe me or not. My intention was solely to get this information out there and see if anything similar has happenned to anyone of you. A good friend of mine recommended that I post here because he said that this is the best forum in the world to speak about poker. I value his opinion greatly so I decided to do as he said. Do what you want with the information. I received some very informative responses on the forum that I usually post on, so anyone who is actually concerned about that matter may want to take a look there and bypass all of the stupid remarks that are made here. I wish you all the best of luck in all you do.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I received some very informative responses on the forum that I usually post on

[/ QUOTE ]

now you see why we all post on 2+2. who wants an informative response to this?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:49 PM

OP is full of crap, of course. The odds of that happening are astronomical, but your memory playing a trick on you happens to people all the time. You make the call.

[ QUOTE ]
What this tells me is that the random card generator randomly decides the flop before the preflop action is even complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for every site, but I do know that on some at least, the random generator shuffles the deck of cards and then has a determined order for the upcoming cards before they are actually dealt (just like in real poker).
Old 09-07-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't speak for every site, but I do know that on some at least, the random generator shuffles the deck of cards and then has a determined order for the upcoming cards before they are actually dealt (just like in real poker).

[/ QUOTE ]
It would almost certainly be the case on all sites.

To program it you either set up a pack and shuffle it, which is quite straight forward, or you pick a card at random when one is needed and discard it if it's already been used in this hand. Possible, but it involves pointless extra effort.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to let you guys know, I am a frequent poster on another forum, not this one. Yes I understand that this is my first post, but if you are a member of the madpokerprops forum you will see that I post there frequently under the same screename. I honestly dont care whether people believe me or not. My intention was solely to get this information out there and see if anything similar has happenned to anyone of you. A good friend of mine recommended that I post here because he said that this is the best forum in the world to speak about poker. I value his opinion greatly so I decided to do as he said. Do what you want with the information. I received some very informative responses on the forum that I usually post on, so anyone who is actually concerned about that matter may want to take a look there and bypass all of the stupid remarks that are made here. I wish you all the best of luck in all you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had hoped that the response I gave you would be useful.

Perhaps it just wasn't what you wanted to hear?

I remain convinced that by far the greatest likelyhood is that you innocently misinterpreted what you saw. And being unable to go back and double check you not unnaturally wanted to get other opinions.

It's a pity you got so many smart-arsed and rude responses but unfortunately the moderators here don't seem to enforce the rules about rudeness to other posters.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 AM

Your response was very useful. I appreciate the honest and helpful response rather than the rude responses from others. You make this forum ALMOST worth reading, lol. Have a good one.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:37 AM

Out of your 4 options I agree that options 2 and 3 are extremely unlikely, and option 4 is the most probable. However, you don't have enough information to determine that option 1 is inconceivable. If a player did in fact see what he claims to see, then option 1 is suspect.