Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM

Default New Jersey State Poker Championship?

Where can I get the official scoop on this tourney?

Is it limited to NJ residents?

Is it at the Hilton or the Showboat?

Is it 500+50 or 300+30?

Is it NLHE?

Is it September 9-10 or 8-10?

Has anyone here played in this before? How was it?

Is anyone here planning to play in it?

What's with the conflicting info? Thanks in advance.

http://www.acpokerguide.com

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/schedule2334.htm
Old 08-28-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: New Jersey State Poker Championship?

I'm not sure, but I think they are both right.

One thing I am sure of, September 12th, I will be hosting the NJ State Poker Championship in my garage. Entry fee will be $30 and the winner will get a 6-pack of Coors Light.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:55 PM

I'm proud to announce that I too will be awarding the much sought-after title of New Jersey Poker Champion at the next 2+2 home game I attend, even though it probably won't actually involve any residents of New Jersey.

Seriously, I think it's just marketing, and I'd be stunned if you have to be from NJ. (What about the CA championship that Commerce does? What about the US Poker Championship whatever at the Taj? You certainly don't have to be from New England to play in the NEPC at Foxwoods.)
Old 08-28-2006, 03:58 PM

When I was at the AC Hilton a month ago, this was planned to be a three-day $500+50 event. But I got a mailing a couple days ago indicating it was two-days and $300+30. Doesn't really suprise me considering how poorly attended the Hilton tournaments have been, the probably couldn't get enough satellite entrants to justify three days.

I was actually planning on playing in this when it was $500+50 after playing in the first couple BPO event. But now that it starts on Saturday, I will probably skip it.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:05 PM

I was just at the Hilton this Saturday. It it being held at the Hilton, it is $300+30, and I believe it is two days, not three (as I won't be in NJ during that time, I didn't pick up any info on it). I also know that they are having daily satellite tournaments for entry into the NJSPC, but IIRC the juice on the satellite was pretty high ($33+15, maybe?). Call the poker room at the Hilton for more info on it.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was just at the Hilton this Saturday. It it being held at the Hilton, it is $300+30, and I believe it is two days, not three (as I won't be in NJ during that time, I didn't pick up any info on it). I also know that they are having daily satellite tournaments for entry into the NJSPC, but IIRC the juice on the satellite was pretty high ($33+15, maybe?). Call the poker room at the Hilton for more info on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my mailing, the satellites are now $33+12. The mailing also specifies where it will be held, but I don't have it in front of me. It is not at the Hilton poker room, I think somewhere else on the Hilton property.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Hilton Poker room says:
$300 +30
30 minute rounds 1st 3, then 45 minutes after that antes start at 4th round,
starts at $25/50
10k in chips
Old 09-05-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I was at the AC Hilton a month ago, this was planned to be a three-day $500+50 event. But I got a mailing a couple days ago indicating it was two-days and $300+30. Doesn't really suprise me considering how poorly attended the Hilton tournaments have been, the probably couldn't get enough satellite entrants to justify three days.

I was actually planning on playing in this when it was $500+50 after playing in the first couple BPO event. But now that it starts on Saturday, I will probably skip it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played the Friday $40 +10 tourney a few weeks back also. We had a under 70 players. They paid the top 5.

The structure forced a lot of action.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:34 PM

The problem is no side action. Any chance of getting a 10/20 or 20/40 going ever?

How many players are signed up for this thing?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 AM

I heard a rumor that the Hilton only has 18 players signed up for their NJ State Championship. Can anyone confirm this? Is that standard action for AC when a tournament is two days away from going live?

If this is true, I think I would rather play in any of the other tournaments in AC this month. Borgata is running, Taj is coming up soon and even Showboat is offering a guarantee. Too bad, I always liked the look of Hilton's room.