Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 11:21 PM

Default $20 NFL Survival Pool: We Need the Dudes!

If this violates any forum policies, please feel free to lock or delete, mods (and I posted this in the sports betting forum, but since it's so low rent, I thought we might get some interest here). The thing is we're looking for at least 15-20 participants in a Survival Pool (suicide pool, whatever), and right now we have 13, and the season is about to begin!

It's 20 lousy dollars, chance to win hundreds. For those who don't know how it works, you pick one team a week to win (or tie) their game outright (point spreads don't matter), can't use the same team twice, if your team loses you're eliminated. Lotta fun.

Pokerstars or fulltilt transfers, PayPal, check/cash through regular mail (postmarked before opener), are all good for the entry fee. League's done through Yahoo. Here are the instructions:

In order to join the group, just go to

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

click the "Sign Up" button (here's where you might need to get or use your existing Yahoo ID- takes two minutes to register for one)

and choose to "Join an Existing Group", then "Join a Private Group". Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 15405
Password: 9999

The group name is Cracker Soul. REMEMBER TO MAKE YOUR PICKS BEFORE THE FIRST KICKOFF OF THE WEEK (pay special attention to weeks when there is a Thursday or Saturday game, including Week 1). I cannot help if you forget to submit a pick in time.

PM or e-mail me at legend42 at earthlink.net (hopefully before Thursday 2 pm EST as I'm going to the Sox game at Camden) for how to make the entry fee. But make your pick anyway, and if you haven't used the Thursday IND-NO game, payment by Sunday should be good.