Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]

As I was writing some things It occured to me that reason why he may seem like such anathema in more ways than Stalin or Mao to people is that he made persecution a part of the popular culture in his country.

I can't think of any other persecutor that has done this, but I may be forgetting someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard for me to tell much of "pop culture" so to say prosecution (outside of warframe needs) had become for an average German at that time - but I have no doubt it absolutely pales in comparison to what had been happening in USSR in 1937-1938. In nazi case prosecution was directed at minority groups, mainly jews and slavs. A few million people at best, a little fraction of the nations population. In Russian tens of millions of people were prosecuted during this period for little or no reason whatsoever.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM

1. Have you seen the recent documentary that uses advanced lip reading techniques to interpret many of Hitler's private conversations?

2. You talk about Hitler's speech making ability. Have you ever seen an entire Hitler speech. These are available at the Holocaust museum and are very eye opening in the manner you describe.

3. Have you ever seen the episode of either Night Gallery or Twilight Zone where an aging Hitler is brought back to youth only to be killed by a couple of his victims?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:07 PM

How does Switzerland always get away with declaring neutrality?

Why didn't Hitler just occupy the country anyway?

And if declaring neutrality is so effective why didn't other countries like Holland just do it?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:09 PM

Did you ever come across any connection between Hitler, Martin Luther, and the Lutheran faith?

Luther himself was a fairly anti-semitic figure and I'm pretty sure Hitler used some of his anti-semitic quotes to justify what he was doing.

Also, the Kristallnacht took place on Martin Luther's birthday and some speculated Hitler did this on purpose to honor Luther, is there any truth to that?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does Switzerland always get away with declaring neutrality?

Why didn't Hitler just occupy the country anyway?

And if declaring neutrality is so effective why didn't other countries like Holland just do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They taught us this in grade school. Geography makes Switzerland too much of an effort to conquer so they always declare neutrality and everyone leaves them alone.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 PM

It is my understanding that the cantons that would become modern Switzerland lost some battle or war or something during the Middle Ages, and as part of the treaty they agreed to remain neutral in all European wars in perpetuity, and that they still honor this agreement, out of convenience if for no other reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, somebody, anybody. Those bloodthirsty Swiss that still wanted to crunch some skulls hired out in one or another of their famous mercenary bands, including of course the Swiss Guard, the Pope's personal bodyguard.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holland got rolled over because that was the easiest route into France.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why were there so many homosexuals in the early Nazi party?

[/ QUOTE ]

They liked the uniforms?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holland got rolled over because that was the easiest route into France.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holland, Belgium, and Luxemburg were all neutral countries. But just because you declare yourself neutral doesn't mean some opportunist can't still attack you. Hitler didn't care about these countries, they were simply in the way of his path to France.

As far as Switzerland goes the entire country is just a mountain range. The Nazi's looked at plans for conquering it, but realized the risk/reward would be too great. Assaulting defenders dug into the mountains is the biggest nightmare in warfare.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:15 AM

Another interesting thing I forgot to mention is that Hitler often acheived an actual physical sexual orgasm from the delivery of some of his speeches. At the end he would be drenched in so much sweat that he would have lost a couple of pounds. "Sex murders" is what a German journalist once referred to these speeches as at the time.

Hitler always had a routine where he would jump into a bath immediately after his big speeches.