Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 06:17 AM

Default PS 1/2 BB play

i have no real reads on other 2 players, except that few hands before this one they stayed in 3 way pot that was 3-bet pre flop and then they called flop and turn with overcards and button bet out on river (they had AT and A9 in that hand)

how is my play here ?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 03-11-2006, 06:21 AM

Default Re: PS 1/2 BB play

very easy routine standard flop fold

i also believe you should fold preflop (this is one of those "how good are you and how good are your opponents" type of hands)
Old 03-11-2006, 11:47 AM

Grunch:
I would have folded preflop.Anyways, you had to pretty much fold it on the flop.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:15 PM

Okay, this is exactly the sort of hand that gets me in trouble. You have two people telling you to fold on the flop here. I'm not so sure.

I'll grant that we're behind on the flop. However, I think we're getting pretty close to 5 full outs with our 6's and 8's. What are the chances we're up against a better 6? What are the chances we're up against K8? 87? I'd love to hear from others about what part of 5 outs we should count here and why. Anyway, if I add 1.5 for the bdsd, I get 6.5 outs, and this is a call. If I only have 5.5 outs, it's still close, and I think the chance that I can collect with my set or two pair makes this a call.

Consider this a cry for help--tell me how I'm wrong here.

By the way, I think you played the turn and river correctly.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:49 PM

I'm hijacking and bumping this because I was really hoping for some help. When I flop middle or low pair against one or two opponents, I readily give it up and fold, perhaps too readily, but that's another discussion.

How do you play when you flop middle or low pair against a number of opponents, or when there's a preflop raise. In this instance, there's a preflop raise and three people on the flop. How seriously should we take our 5 outs to a set or to two pair? Why? I'd love to here some of the experts think out loud about this situation.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:02 PM

Grunch

I fold this preflop unless it's suited, myself, especially once sb called. However, if we're gonna play it, we are probably looking at a piece of the board with the sb donkbet. We've got the preflop raiser still to act after us, and a K on board. This makes it a shaky call in my mind. I'll spot you 1.5 outs for the bdsd, and 3.5 to two-pair or better (discounted in case sb has something like K- 6, k7, or A-6). That's 5, maybe 5.5 outs. We're getting 7-1, with the possibility of having to call a raise. I fold it right there. Once we're on the turn, definitely take the free card, and you played the river well, imho.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hijacking and bumping this because I was really hoping for some help. When I flop middle or low pair against one or two opponents, I readily give it up and fold, perhaps too readily, but that's another discussion.

How do you play when you flop middle or low pair against a number of opponents, or when there's a preflop raise. In this instance, there's a preflop raise and three people on the flop. How seriously should we take our 5 outs to a set or to two pair? Why? I'd love to here some of the experts think out loud about this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this begs for a quiz. Can you find about 5 hands in your history that illustrate this?
Old 03-11-2006, 08:08 PM

We have bottom pair on a two-tone flop and we're not closing the action, I fold. If I have a read that the PFR is weak, maybe I raise this, thinking (hoping) he missed the flop. But chasing is no good; if the 8 or 6 of hearts comes out, we are good a lot of the time, but we get crushed the times someone has a flush/better 2pair.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:54 PM

Fold pf
Fold flop

If you close the action on the flop then you can call one.