Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 AM

Default I\'m Grounchy. I build big pots because I plan on sucking out.

CO makes my toenails curl, he is a TAG that plays really bad. He is on a first name basis with everyone on the cast of TILT.

UTG reminds me of the taste in my mouth each morning before I brush my teeth, that nasty taste that is always there and never goes away. He calls ALWAYS in the BB, he is harder to shake than the clap I caught from visiting mamasan's house of fun in Nam.

pre-flop a 3-bet will bloat the pot, BB is going nowhere and CO might cap the pot in spite. The flop is the only line that matters. Have a ball kids.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: GrouchyNit is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, GrouchyNit calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
GrouchyNit checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">GrouchyNit raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, GrouchyNit calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
GrouchyNit checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, GrouchyNit calls, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">GrouchyNit bets</font>
Old 09-05-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: I\'m Grounchy. I build big pots because I plan on sucking out.

I would have played it the same. Maybe I would have folded preflop, because I find it difficult to play the lowest PP's.
The flop most likely has missed everyone, so the CR seems fine to me. After the 3-bet you probably have like 3.5 outs with 14 SB in the pot. So call is fine.
On the turn you probably have 6 outs, which jusitifies the call.
I like the bet on the river. Go for the (over)call. A attempt to checkraise may fail or chase out the UTG.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 AM

I'd fold preflop

I guess I would fold the flop to the 3 bet and the call.

Turn is a call on odds, probable 6 outer.

River I'd bet/call.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop

I guess I would fold the flop to the 3 bet and the call.

Turn is a call on odds, probable 6 outer.

River I'd bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why fold to the 3 bet? I think we have 2 outs for trips and around 1.5 outs for the backdoor straight. Pot is offering 14:1, that should be enough right?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is offering 14:1, that should be enough right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty. dont even need the straight draw.

Still a fold PF though. Calling with 22 out of the SB is just asking for trouble. Rest of the hand was played perfectly IMO.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:15 PM

Bah - 22 is an easy call in the SB, 3-betting is an option but I could lose control of the pot that way. BB is always calling, he is dead money and will pay off. I have the right implied odds, its a must-call.

Flop - This is the one spot where GrouchyNit knows how to make things work in his favor, I'm mean and surly - get out of my way! If BB calls I'm getting the right implied odds to improve in the event of a 3-bet from that young whipper snapper in the CO, and its also possible that I take down the pot with my aggression. Anyone who folds to a 3-bet needs a colonic, they have too much crap stuck inside their rectum to see the truth.

Turn - check/call is the best line. How do the kids say, LDO? Anyone who folds here can sit on my right, GrouchyNit will shower nit-juice all over you.

River - that god dam CO is such a thorn in my side. He will 3-bet a hand like 88 on the flop as well as K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He will probably bluff the river if I let him, but he will fold to most of his non-paired range. A bet either looks like a desperation or a slowplayed 3 in his eyes if he is thinking (no way will he guess I have a duce). A bet is to encourage overalls, but there is no guarantee I will get them , kids today are so unpredictable!

maybe a c/c is better, I can't c/r because I could never find a fold to a 3-bet, I am a grouchy nit afterall.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:53 PM

he cold called a raise with 22 preflop
Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he cold called a raise OOP with 22 preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pot is offering 14:1, that should be enough right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 16:1 if the flop coldcaller folds, 17:1 if he calls. Him capping is such an unlikely occurrence I'm not even going to care about it.

IMO the flop raise is the only questionable decision this entire hand.