Old 09-05-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Funny FullTilt Business

[ } hand history for proof
[ ] believable story
[x] ban op
[ ] i'm good at keeping a chip lead
Old 09-05-2007, 06:03 AM

As usual, the peanut gallery get themselves all worked up into a tizzy.

Just because the OP almost 100% certainly didn't see what he thinks he saw doesn't mean that he doesn't genuinely believe that he saw it.

And just because those of us who have been around computers a while know that the whole modus operandi of a poker site is such that this sort of thing is not possible doesn't mean that everyone else does.

It's a great pity that when threads such as this come along the more immature posters don't just leave them alone and let others post sensible explanations rather than all piling in and both extending the thread and antagonising a player who may well benefit from reading posts here if he isn't scared off by people trying to be 'clever'.

OP, I'm afraid that the only realistic explanation is that you became confused by what you saw when you disconnected.

The poker sites do not send advance information about the community cards to player's computers - that would be sheer lunacy and quite pointless as they have to send the betting information to each player as it happens anyway.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ } hand history for proof
[ ] believable story
[x] ban op
[ ] i'm good at keeping a chip lead

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? What kind of standards are we using to ban people now? This is an entierly innocent post. What won't you ban people for? In fact, I think you should be banned. You and everyone else on 2+2, everyone but me. You'll post when I say you can post. Mods, make it happen.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:55 PM

Here's a thought... Maybe when he got disconnected, he was folded out of the hand, and when he was reconnected, it was the following hand... and he got the same cards. So he saw what he saw, but didn't realize that it was one hand later. Oh, and the flop was the same, too. THIS IS NOT A TYPO.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a very strange and disturbing thing happen to me on FullTilt recently. While multi tabling 1-2 NL on my laptop I was disconnected. I noticed that I was dealt a 10c3d on one of my tables in late position. Normally this is an obvious fold but I noticed that the flop was As10d3c. Yes, thats NOT A TYPO. When I reconnected the acti0n was on me and the flop was not dealt out yet. I called the $6 preflop raise of the UTG player, and the flop came out just as I had seen when i was disconnected, As10d3c. This is VERY disturbing. What this tells me is that the random card generator randomly decides the flop before the preflop action is even complete. Is this even possible. I have over 80,000 recorded hands on FullTilgt and it has only happenned this one time, but it's still disturbing. Any thoughts? Has this happenned to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds more like you were just in the zone and had a good read on the dealer. Happens to me all the time.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

The odds of that happening are over 1 in 311M
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM

This OP reminded me of:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 09-05-2007, 04:42 PM

OK I had something very similiar happen. I was playing a couple tables and got disconnected for a few seconds. I had (cards didn't really matter) Ac Th. and the flop came Tc Ts 5d. I ended up getting into a raising war with an opponent. When we stopped betting the cards changed to something like Qc Kh 2s and then the turn and river were dealt. I hit my jack on the river and took out my opponents flopped set.

I believed it was a caching problem with my computer or the software. (that really narrows it down eh?) This has happened to me only once. I believe it is a software glitch that occurs when you get disconnected before the cards are dealt, action continues because you have already made your bet, and then you are reconnected with action going to you.

You have to get disconnected after your action and before the cards are dealt for the flop for this to occur.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:15 AM

I've been friends with this guy a long time, believe what you want about the situation but you should know this...he's a pro, he's bright, he's trustworthy.

He wouldn't have posted this if he wasn't sure of it.

As a matter of fact he wasn't going to post it at all but I told him it was a must. The attacks seem to have driven him back under. Good job!!!

I'm not sure how it happened but there is no doubt in my mind it happened exactly the way he said.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 AM

The possibilities we have are:

1) System sends card information for flop before all pre-flop action has finished. Likelyhood: Almost inconceivable.

2) OP disconnected and reconnected in the middle of an identical game at a slightly earlier stage. Likelyhood estimated at hundreds of millions to one (and that's before considering the probability of the software being writen in a way to allow that.

3) Some random data that entered OP's system at disconection happened to cause it to display the exact same flop that actually occured. Likelyhood: again, hundreds of millions to one to one against (p of getting correct cards * p of random data being in the correct format for the program to understand).

4) OP misinterpretted what he saw. Likelyhood? Look at the alternatives and make up your own mind.

It's neither unusual, nor indicative of stupidity, to mistake what you observe things go wrong on a computer.