Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: JJ overpair in RR pot vs regular. i check the flop...

Based on his read you have to assume he wouldn't check behind a draw, although many would. With that read, I think a shove is a must here.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've actually been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to work out why you are thinking of anything but shoving. Nothing is coming to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is he raising the turn with?
im not saying shoving is wrong, but at least give me a range

[/ QUOTE ]

idk what he has. But you have an overpair in a 3-bet pot, you underrepped your hand, and he's a lagtard. You've been trying to get him to show aggression and he has.

Maybe you could fold this if you had him pegged as a backward player who autobets but checks big hands. That's not your read tho.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:33 AM

thanks for the replies.
i also thouhgt this was an auto shove, and pushed accordingly as i stacked up my newly pilfered chips when the river blanked....

...and was confused when the pot shipped to villain.
then i saw he ATss. gg

in hindsight i think his raise size on the turn was a huge tell, because anyone whose bluffing with a single [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is going to shove, not minrasie right?.
still probabloy cant fold given my missed flop c/r
Old 09-05-2007, 01:50 AM

this is really funny cuz i got a phone call today and the convo went as follows:

"yo i played this hand today vs. some guy named cs3 on 2p2 do u kno him? I had ATs....." and he went on to describe the hand. he said that he felt like u were going for a c/r and he decided to check behind. he also said you berated him in chat after the hand. why would you do that?

as for my thoughts on the hand, i don't love his calling the 3b 110 BB's deep but he does have position and he knows ur aggressive. i think w/ the lead you should be betting the flop because he will be checking behind a decent amount which is not good for you. for the most part im pretty sure the money's getting in after that flop tho.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 AM

lol, yep that was my1ifesavins.
i didnt berate him but i did express my dis pleasure after he laughed at me for checking flop (saying it was the "worst posible play" i think) and we had a slight pssing match , but we actually became friendly by the time the session ended. and friendlty today as well. no hard feelings at all.
he's actaully pretty solid, and a lot tighter today than he was in yesterdays session.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 AM

cs3 do yourself a favour and e-mail Stars to revoke your chat, every single hand with you in seems to have you whining in it or something
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM

Anyone else not a fan of the CRAI plan on the flop? You say he's the type to auto-bet if checked to, but otherwise solid. Then you say you expect to get called by any pair he bet with and combo draws. But if he's playing solid is he really gonna call a CRAI with any pair you beat outside of maybe A9 and TT?

I understand you went with your read, but 1) I don't know if I like it with JJ because there's a million cards that suck to see on the turn if he checks and 2) like villain apparently said, this seems like a flop you would try to CR on.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 AM

Auto push against his range imo, I am almost positive he has A-spade-x or possibly turned a set(?) and is protection raising. Did you show this one down?