Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Running Bad and Image

So I have been running like [censored] for many thousands of hands at a particular site and my image is totally shot.

I have been missing everything and even when I hit I get beat and tilting a bit I am sure although I think I have that pretty much under control. Now I am not crying about it but I have run out of ideas to combat my image problems.

I cut way down on semi bluffing and tightened up a couple of points preflop and tried to fold my way out of it and I found that I started to get seriously run over and got no action the few times I made a hand and bet so I started bluffing a little bit (not much just a little) and calling down a little light against some of my more aggressive regular opponents. Of course none if it is working for [censored] because I am still running bad.

Now I havent started to run well yet and my shot image isnt helping any. So my question is what can you do when you are in an extended downswing and you are everybody's biatch?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Running Bad and Image

Sitting at my table seems to break everyone else's downswings quite nicely. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, I am in the same boat as you. I am running absolutely horribly now. I am trying to avoid becoming a comlete nit and losing any possible action. You have to make a few loose plays here and there -- I guess the best you can do is pick your spots.

Ultimately, I think you just need to try to play your "normal" game. Make a calldown with A high when you think it is warranted but don't go overboard.

I have had tilt problems with my bad run...mainly spewing bets trying to win pots because it feels like that is the only chance I have to win right now. So I have lost even more bets than I should have, which shows me that I have still long way to go to being a good player.

So if you have your tilt under control that is good. That is way more important than your image. You can't do much about it, except make some minor adjustments if you think people are trying to run you over.