Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Is this normal?

I have started playing .25/.50 limit on stars. In the last couple of weeks I have had several (5 or 6) sessions where I am winning 4 or 5 hands per 100. This is playing five to six handed. I can't believe how bad I am running. Is it normal to have bad runs like this 6 handed. I am a very aggressive player but I play quality hands and yes I have read SSLHE. I feel like I am getting my money in good and playing optimally but I can't have a winning session to save my life. It's not like I am donking off my money. I have never run so bad, but I just started playing six handed. Is this normal to have bad runs like this? I don't know how much more I or my bankroll can take.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Is this normal?

no it's not ... i would e-mail the site to ensure you aren't being scammed(this is a very serious matter) - personally i would blame bots
Old 09-05-2007, 01:06 AM

Thanks for being a smart ass [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I am asking because I am trying to decide if I have the roll to play six handed. I only have $150 online and it is getting depleted quickly when I am winning %4 of hands six handed. Let me be a little more specific with my question since some [censored] can't read between the lines. How much variance can I expect playing six handed and how many BB should I have to be adequately rolled?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 AM

move up!

or ... use the search function
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no it's not ... i would e-mail the site to ensure you aren't being scammed(this is a very serious matter) - personally i would blame bots

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear pokahjunkie,

Thank you for your post. I have thoroughly researched your issue and am happy to provide a result which may or may not be to your satisfaction. My suggestion to you on this matter is that it is likely that I'm IBTL.

Warmly,
Buzz
2+2 Forums Member and Contributor
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 AM

Variance: a lot
BR: probably > 500BB

<font color="white">GIFAFI</font>
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM

Here are two links to what I consider definitive posts on the subject.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=

4% is not enough. It is probably not all variance.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:49 AM

You aren't rolled if you have to ask about variance. You have barely 300BB which is only enough if you don't care about going busto and can re-deposit more money easily. If you can't put more money into your roll play full ring and build it up.

Although if you are asking about variance I wouldn't put money on you being able to do that either. What? You ask a variance question you gonna get mawled a little. Here is something to easy the sting:
Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lets please not turn micro stakes into anothe BBV. hes asking for serious advice. if we all make jokes about this then its only a matter of time until this forum is pointless.

i personally hate BBV and i dont want this to turn into something that that
Old 09-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Try playing some full ring, and maybe even at lower than .25/.50 to try to build your bankroll back up.

I think that 6-max does have more variance than full ring, but your game may still need some improvement.

Post here when you play full ring, and try posting in the small stakes short handed forum, when you play 6-max.