Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Default NL200: AA Turn decision

I dont have any stats on villain as I dont use PT/PA atm. I didnt really have any reads on him. He just seemed a little passive in the past.
I need confirmation if my play is ok or not. I put him on a quite large range after his flop call as he could have a straight/flush draw, a set (I dont think he would raise it on the flop) or just a pair of Kings.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $232.70
Hero (BB): $341.90
UTG: $31.65
MP: $190.80
CO: $401.08
BTN: $325.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, BTN calls $20.00

Flop: ($57) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $46.00</font>, BTN calls $46.00

Turn: ($149) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $102.00</font>, BTN folds

Pot Size: $251.00
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: NL200: AA Turn decision

This looks good to me.

I hate playing aces out of position after the flop. It is really difficult to know where you stand and the pots get very big.

As far as range I wouldn't be surprised if your opponent had JJ or even a lower pair and called the flop to see if you would follow up on the turn with a bet.

All things considered I think that you played it fine.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Yeah this looks fine to me against a passive opponent. Against a more aggressive/ tricky/ floaty villain I might crai turn. One thing I would do differently however is raise a little more preflop as you are slightly deep.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:15 PM

Raising more preflop "because you are deep" is terrible. I feel like people think this way because they want to be able to stack off blindly postflop and think that if they can raise enough to take away an opponent's implied odds, then they won't have to think postflop.

There is more value to be had by making a standard 3b size and playing poker postflop.

When I'm 3betting the openraiser, my standard is either a pot sized raise or a 10 bb raise. The only time I make a bigger raise is after a raise and one or more cold calls. This is for a number of reasons.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 PM

gimmick?